Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-19-2011, 03:48 AM)moi Wrote: [ -> ]@zetario: THANKS!!!
Seriously change everythin !
I highly recommand admnis to put this in first page ^^

Dx9 dont work for me (got black screen, or still crapp background with these settin), but dx11 is almost 90% clean!
(still a little strange shadow-animation-like on it, but not as much as before by far, appear mostly on building and some textures)
[Image: 4.jpg]

Scroll a bit up, the original poster already replied with the proper numbers.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid188119

(12-19-2011, 05:49 AM)fury Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody else having a problem that the end credits movie stutters a lot? (like, 20 FPS, where the game itself was getting 30 no problem)

edit: and a black screen when trying to start Hero mode - after the first 2 cutscenes (tried with skipping and without skipping, d3d9 and 11). Just sits there and has FPS 0 - VPS 60

edit2: weird, I just tried 3.0-235 and it started hero mode fine.... Dunno what happened, if I figure it out I'll edit again Smile

Stuttering is an issue with this game in general on the emulator especially in the latest revisions. On my Core i7 950 @ 4.2 Ghz the game will even stutter when using performance settings such as HLE audio, EFB to Texture. Stuttering accompanied by decreased performance usually occurs after playing for a bit without restarting the emulator.

I've been trying out different revisions and it seems like the 6500's are the fastest, BUT they have the color banding issues. I'm wondering would it be possible to take the changes made to the recent revisions to fix this issue (discussed here: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...id=5056#c8) and apply them to one of these older revisions (e.g. 6515) to get the best of both worlds? I know a lot of people have the game running smoothly already, but for people with crappy processors like me this would be a huge upgrade.

I've tried applying the patch attached in that thread and it doesn't seem to work, but then again I have no idea what I'm doing.
Can someone inform me as to what miraculous advent the latest builds have bequeathed SS? I see no notable vicissitude between they and 7719. If anything the emulation has worsened. Frames Dx11 frames are less than sub par and Dx9 isn't a plugin I personally fathom.
So I got my new processor in my computer, got it overclocked to 4.2Ghz and the game is running at 30fps consistently, or so the frame counter tells me.

I'm having an issue with the game looking like it's skipping a frame or two, yet the counter lists the fps at 30. I tried oc'ing my computer to 4.4Ghz but I still got the same result. Anyone else having this issue on rev 7719??
(12-19-2011, 08:06 AM)dancrane212 Wrote: [ -> ]So I got my new processor in my computer, got it overclocked to 4.2Ghz and the game is running at 30fps consistently, or so the frame counter tells me.

I'm having an issue with the game looking like it's skipping a frame or two, yet the counter lists the fps at 30. I tried oc'ing my computer to 4.4Ghz but I still got the same result. Anyone else having this issue on rev 7719??

You must have accidentally ticked a pace on the frame skip selection.
Make sure it is off
(12-19-2011, 08:12 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2011, 08:06 AM)dancrane212 Wrote: [ -> ]So I got my new processor in my computer, got it overclocked to 4.2Ghz and the game is running at 30fps consistently, or so the frame counter tells me.

Make sure it is off

I just double checked, frame skip is set to zero.
After some time of playin (latest built), game begin to be more and more lagy dx11 is bad for this, dx9 better but still happen, to a point i have to reset emulator or its slow like hell, any idea ?

@Terra, just saw, thanks a lot ^^
with Dx9 game is insanly beautiful (and faster), and there's only a minor distortion in textures of backgrounds where there's lot of light, wich is really minor.
95% perfect :o
Dunno if this was said, but with these settin (dx9 or 11) you can put EFB on or off it doesn't matter at all, background more beautiful with on.
P.s: desactivate "smoke" effect make lights effects way more beautiful too, but that's maybe only personnal!
p.p.s: some builts better for me, dunno why but the newest version make the drivers of my joystick go crazy...can't say wich sorry, got so much of them now ^^;

@Zetario: THANKS AGAINNNNNN!!!
(12-19-2011, 08:16 AM)dancrane212 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2011, 08:12 AM)Diddy Kong Wrote: [ -> ]

Make sure it is off

I just double checked, frame skip is set to zero.
Rev 7719 yields (IMO) the best experience in SS. Post your settings here or try to capture an in-game video. This may be an issue of paranoia :p
Have you tried the newer revs? they might work for you.

reliquary

(12-18-2011, 12:54 AM)theprincemano Wrote: [ -> ]guyz plzz help me I am struck here at the ancient cistern,.....whenever I try to open the door the falls a little below and only the lock freezes Sad.....guyzz plzzzz help....

Sad
Same problem... Any solutions?Huh