Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-28-2011, 12:05 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2011, 11:57 PM)orijin77 Wrote: [ -> ]Accuracy of the slingshot is not very good when "Skip EFB Access from CPU" is activated. Does anyone know how to fix this issue ?

It's not an issue , some games require EFB access from CPU : Mario Galaxy 1&2 , Zelda TP and Zelda SS
Just disable "Skip EFB Access from CPU" , you'll get 100% accuracy

Yes but when i disable it I have a decrease of the perfomances.
(11-28-2011, 12:11 AM)aszu Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2011, 10:55 PM)KTroopA Wrote: [ -> ]how is this different from the previous version mate? What is SSE3/4?

It is optimized for CPUs with SSE3/4 instructions - pretty much any recent CPU.
This version should be a little bit faster.

thx aszu. i have a i7 2600k so shud be good Smile will test and report back soon.

the previous version you did was great, only issue i had was with sound skipping and looping for like 2-3 secs at random. it would mainly happen the 1st time you collect the stamina fruit and link does that pose lol. or when you attack the blue blobs. after that further collects or attacks sounded normal. apart from this one sound hiccup. it runs smooth as and no graphical glitches. perfect. any idea about the sound issue i describe and if you can take a look at that or what might be the cause

My PC

i7 2600K @3.4GHZ
8GB RAM
GTX 580
Windows 7 64-bit.
Real wiimote with motion plus.
(11-28-2011, 12:19 AM)zelda_king3 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:i enquired about this a few posts back, and tbh i couldnt understand what the issue is. ive always played SS with this option checked and my pointer works fine. unless im missing smething about this accuracy thing. can someone clarify what you mean exactly by 100% accuracy? like i say mine seems fine.... i move the wiimote and screen pointer tracks the same.

I would like to say that I experience the same thing also. I was told to disable Skip EFB Access to increase the accuracy of the tracking, but I enabled it just to see how bad it was.
It turns out that I don't suffer from any accuracy issues so far. The pointer acts normal and the motion plus seems to working just fine with and without the option.

Also, I'm running fideoman's texcache-rewrite 3.0-297dirty build.

The problem is not the motion of the screen pointer. It's when I shoot I cannot reach the target I aimed. The seed goes in an other direction.
(11-28-2011, 12:19 AM)KTroopA Wrote: [ -> ]it runs smooth as and no graphical glitches. perfect. any idea about the sound issue i describe and if you can take a look at that or what might be the cause

Did you try changin Audio emulation options (HLE/LLE, Audio Throttle, threads, backend)? Any difference?
(11-28-2011, 12:41 AM)aszu Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2011, 12:19 AM)KTroopA Wrote: [ -> ]it runs smooth as and no graphical glitches. perfect. any idea about the sound issue i describe and if you can take a look at that or what might be the cause

Did you try changin Audio emulation options (HLE/LLE, Audio Throttle, threads, backend)? Any difference?

not tried this funnily enough. gona try DSP LLE on thread now. the tooltip option says running DSP LLE on a dedicated thread is not recommended - why is that?
Some new screens just to remember everybody how awesome Dolphin is:

[Image: iKXAJFgwRbyz.png]

[Image: ibpFaW6fYWLpwt.png]

[Image: ihIW5SnlMHp6U.png]
I've been having a couple issues with this game, first of all, with AA off, i get these artifacts in fairly random places and patterns:
(top right)
[Image: soup0135.png]
[Image: soup0124.png]
(floor)
[Image: soup014.png]
With it on, shafts of light textures get blurred at the seams and make white polygon edges appear.

Also, this is a problem no-one else seems to have pointed out. Maps with multiple layers aren't drawn properly, one is overlaid over the other. It's not a major problem, but it makes things a bit difficult in the Ancient Cistern (which is where i'm up to).
[Image: soup012.png]
[Image: soup011.png]

Any confirmations or recommendations for fixing this would be much appreciated,
Quote:Also, this is a problem no-one else seems to have pointed out. Maps with multiple layers aren't drawn properly, one is overlaid over the other. It's not a major problem, but it makes things a bit difficult in the Ancient Cistern (which is where i'm up to).

Never really thought about that when I played through the game.

But if I recall correctly the Ancient Cistern was very easy to memorize and so was the rest of the dungeons. I didn't bothered to look at the map so much.

I don't even know if there is a fix for it, but who knows.
(11-28-2011, 03:08 AM)Nintynuts Wrote: [ -> ]...

from most posts ive read it is advised that AA is not used as it just messes up the graphics. what version are you running?

regarding the maps - i dont get exactly what is wrong with the images - caan you highlight what is wrong and il check my save.
(11-28-2011, 04:15 AM)KTroopA Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2011, 03:08 AM)Nintynuts Wrote: [ -> ]...

from most posts ive read it is advised that AA is not used as it just messes up the graphics. what version are you running?

regarding the maps - i dont get exactly what is wrong with the images - caan you highlight what is wrong and il check my save.

The top image is the first floor, the bottom is the ground. notice how the classroom has the same layout as the headmaster's office and the mess looks like the bath. The top floor is overwriting the bottom. You can see this clearly at the very bottom, as there are two room outlines.