Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] - The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hmm, I think I got it paired with the computer (steps for anybody new FYI are: press bluetooth icon at top bar, press set up bluetooth device, notice the nintendo RVL-CNT thing, press continue, it won't connect, press set passcode options, select no passcode, it then says "pairing successful). Problem is, when it's "paired", I go to Dolphin and wiimote settings, choose "real wiimote" and press refresh (while holding 1 and 2 on actual wiimote) and it still says 0 after.

I also check the browse section of bluetooth and it says "the device does not have the necessary services".

I just bought the wiimote from best buy today and it's the nintendo made one ... any suggestions?
(12-11-2011, 04:23 PM)eternalfreedom@gmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I think I got it paired with the computer (steps for anybody new FYI are: press bluetooth icon at top bar, press set up bluetooth device, notice the nintendo RVL-CNT thing, press continue, it won't connect, press set passcode options, select no passcode, it then says "pairing successful). Problem is, when it's "paired", I go to Dolphin and wiimote settings, choose "real wiimote" and press refresh (while holding 1 and 2 on actual wiimote) and it still says 0 after.

I also check the browse section of bluetooth and it says "the device does not have the necessary services".

I just bought the wiimote from best buy today and it's the nintendo made one ... any suggestions?

The new Wiimote Pluses are not compatible with Dolphin.

Thread about the issue is here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=19948
(12-11-2011, 04:29 PM)lumpofcole Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-11-2011, 04:23 PM)eternalfreedom@gmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, I think I got it paired with the computer (steps for anybody new FYI are: press bluetooth icon at top bar, press set up bluetooth device, notice the nintendo RVL-CNT thing, press continue, it won't connect, press set passcode options, select no passcode, it then says "pairing successful). Problem is, when it's "paired", I go to Dolphin and wiimote settings, choose "real wiimote" and press refresh (while holding 1 and 2 on actual wiimote) and it still says 0 after.

The new Wiimote Pluses are not compatible with Dolphin.

Thread about the issue is here: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=19948

Is that a Windows only issue? I'm using a Wiimote Plus [the one with the M+ inside is what I'm assuming you're mentioning] on Linux with Dolphin just fine...
Thanks for the quick reply lumpofcole. Does this mean I should get the version without the TR to play skyward sword? I'm not familiar with how many generations of wiimotes have motionplus ... I'm assuming I can get an older version on Amazon?

Thanks again!
(12-11-2011, 05:27 PM)eternalfreedom@gmail.com Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the quick reply lumpofcole. Does this mean I should get the version without the TR to play skyward sword? I'm not familiar with how many generations of wiimotes have motionplus ... I'm assuming I can get an older version on Amazon?

Thanks again!

I got a new Wiimote Plus at Gamestop, but learned the hard way that it was the TR version. I returned it (even though it was open, they were bros about it) and got a used Wiimote and a used Wii Motion Plus adapter instead. Actually made back $11 by doing that too. Works like a dream now.
I don't know how, but my i7 740 on my laptop lets me get 30fps most of the time and only dips to 25fps at worst.

1920x1080 Res
1.5X IR
8samples (quality level 1) AA (works better than pushing IR up, since my graphics card in my laptop is weak. Makes a much bigger difference in visuals with no drawbacks)
Ani Filtering X2

Almost done with the first dungeon.

Game looks amazing. When I get my desktop within a month I can't wait to push it.
ive only just noticed this, but using the recommened R7719 build from 1st post, the wiimote speaker does not make any sounds, like when Link pull out his sword or put it back, or when the zelda 'jingle' sounds when you solved a puzzle. Is this broken or does it work in V3.0 anyone know? The sounds are there on wii.
Quote:Did you use a save state? Use your ingame save and try again.

Yeah just tried, crashes the exact same moment. Using r7719 (didn't work by the way) showed me something else though (because that wasn't set for fullscreen), there was an error code: ERROR: Trying to compile at 0 . LR=807b5ef4. It's the NTSC version. Bad rom dump?

^ Have you tried switching Jit to JitIL? Unless you ARE paying on JitIL. If it doesn't work, save state on that part, then switch to interpreter, wait until it finishes, and go back to Jit.
(12-11-2011, 09:00 PM)Foodie88 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Did you use a save state? Use your ingame save and try again.

Yeah just tried, crashes the exact same moment. Using r7719 (didn't work by the way) showed me something else though (because that wasn't set for fullscreen), there was an error code: ERROR: Trying to compile at 0 . LR=807b5ef4. It's the NTSC version. Bad rom dump?
Foodie88, go to your user/shader cache directory and delete the shader cache files of the game there, and then try again. I have noticed something similar just recently and you are going to be a great help if you can confirm it.