Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Over on the Dolphin Blog, we've been doing a pretty good job at pointing out and explaining really big, in depth changes with the emulator. But there's a lot of little things that don't really fit that format well, but that we'd really like to mention in some way. So we're starting something new: the Dolphin Progress Report. It's a monthly series were we highlight a selection of interesting but small updates that are always happening but are easy to miss. The big updates are important, sure, but it's these little things that keep Dolphin moving forward. And every month there'll be a fun little bonus at the end Big Grin.

So as not to spam the board with tons of threads, all Dolphin Progress Reports will point to here for their comments. Every month when a new report is released, we'll post a comment here to let everyone know and to open up discussion.

You can view a list of all progress reports and get an RSS feed special for them on the Dolphin Progress Report Blog Series page.

-----

Since we're just starting off, the April update includes March!

[Image: Progressreportheader-april2014.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/04/30/...pril-2014/

Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
Neat! Definitely will be reading this. This first report shows a bunch of stuff I didn't know about. Keep up the awesome work. Smile
Can this be added to the update page?
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-gr...provements
It didn't make the cut-off before the article; it'll go into the next progress report article. FWIW I believe everything after 4.0-1478 is after the article was basically finalized, and there were three that got added at the last minute anyway.
I like this idea of a progress report. Dolphin is fixing too many things recently that I'm just not aware of :p

Case in point, Sonic Heroes. Time to finally enjoy this game in HD (not that it's a particularly good game...)
Except not because it's only fixed at 1xIR.

Well, maybe if you disable scaled EFB copies.
The screenshots are above 1x IR, so yea.
(05-01-2014, 04:36 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]The screenshots are above 1x IR, so yea.

Basically certain higher than 1x IR values work and others aren't with scaled efb copies disabled. And both integer or fractional values higher than 1x were found to have this issue. Btw really nice work on the article, and the whole idea and implementation seems great.
I cheated and turned off scaled EFB because it does nothing in that game, which fixes the game at 2.5x and 3x IR. Technically 2.5x IR worked before the fix in OpenGL even!
(05-01-2014, 03:40 PM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Except not because it's only fixed at 1xIR.

... and as should be stressed, there's no proper fix for anything higher than 1xIR due to the nature of non-native IR. It's just not as on the console, hence it's not guaranteed to work properly. People may be lucky using a particular choice though, e.g. on my system 3xIR works while 2xIR doesn't.

EDIT: That said, Shonumi said "in HD", so yeah.. that may or may not work :p