Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Once the video common rewrite will be finished and backend specific-code smaller and easier to maintain, are you considering a DX12 come back ?
It'd still require someone to write it, but the amount of work to write and maintain it would be much smaller. Maybe half/third of what was needed for the original attempt.
Jesus… that dedication to boot Casper's Scare School: Spooky Sport's Day…
Would love to see that for other things Tongue
That Casper thing was interesting. I wonder if someone could make a similar patch to bypass the "memory card has changed" check in Pokemon XD that prevents saving when you load a save state.
Beautifully written! Thanks to everyone who's working so hard on this - has the user who submitted the question about the Casper game read the article yet, I wonder? Smile
They have and posted on reddit. It's the one going through each and every Wii game! That's how they stumbled across it.
(04-03-2018, 10:15 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]They have and posted on reddit.  It's the one going through each and every Wii game!  That's how they stumbled across it.

Oh, I see. Cool! Kind of a potentially useful contribution he's making to the emulator. I wonder if he's keeping track of the issues/bugs he has found and reported. It'd be kind of neat to see, as I imagine he's bumped into others.

SuperrSonic

So, after reading the report I am now wondering what a 'dying NAND' entails.
It has non-factory bad blocks.
Great read as always! Big Grin
Though I wish you had mentioned Tino (and Marcosvitali, I think); Asynchronous Shader Cache Generation may have had its flaws, but it was an ingenious idea at the time (without which I wouldn't have used Dolphin as much as I did) Smile