Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not to mention Dolphin has always had many many threads for various things. But only the CPU thread and the GPU thread use a great deal of power, the many other smaller threads don't use much CPU power. That said, the more things that are split off from the main CPU thread, the better!
It seems the quality of this latest report isn't as good as previous reports. Numerous obvious errors in the article like:

Quote:Note that the even the marked down sticker tags are do not tell the full tale

Quote:But, this change would be mentioned if something hadn't gone wrong.
Wouldn't?

Quote:It turns out that Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness seemed to cause some problems.
Replace the word with "Suffer"? Since it's suffering problems caused by the new functionality, not causing them!

Quote:It turns out one of the flags are not checked on merging primitives
Capitalize "Merging Primitives"?

Quote:so if a game only toggles this one, primitives were merged through they did not share this flag.
??? "Even though"? What is "This one" referring to?

Etc. is this article written by a different person? The article seems really uh, it reads like a poor translation from another language/like the writer's native language isn't english no offense. "4.0-8159 - Don't Send Return Only Events to Poll" seems really well written.

Edit: It's just the start of the article and the discussion of the first change mentioned. I'll assume it was mostly written by the person that made the relevant changes to Dolphin source code.
You can blame me on that: I copied the explanation from degasus because the bug was so complex and I didn't understand it properly to write something on my own. I then didn't do a good job cleaning it up and trying to translate it. He's not a native english speaker, so the blame needs to fall on me for this.
Yeah the rest of the article was good, it was just the start of the article and the first change that was discussed that weren't well done. Thanks for continuing with the articles.

Edit: It reads a lot better now, thanks.
(12-02-2015, 06:05 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]You can blame me on that: I copied the explanation from degasus because the bug was so complex and I didn't understand it properly to write something on my own.  I then didn't do a good job cleaning it up and trying to translate it.  He's not a native english speaker, so the blame needs to fall on me for this.

Fun fact, I did blame him about 24 hours ago to also include this PR, so there was not that much time to do it in a clean way. My bad...
My job is the write, your job is to code. You did your job.
At the risk of sounding like an entitled brat....

JMC47, I want that monthly update! Mine! Mine! Mine!
#blame MaJoR
[Image: Progressreportheader-December2015mini.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2016/01/02/...mber-2015/

The December 2015 Dolphin Progress Report is live! Sorry for the delay everyone, we had some technical difficulties that caused us a lot of problems when working on this report. Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
JMC47 Wrote:#blame MaJoR

*sigh* What happened was something was happening with the servers that slowed everything down. Usually even basic attempts to load the progress report in progress timed out! Other times it took several minutes to even begin to load. And on top of that, the gfycat code that we've always used just stopped working. I never figured out the server problem (it went away) and even though I tried and failed at a bunch of things to fix the gfycats, delroth finally came in and saved the day. It was a mess. :/ Also, I had to sleep sometime! As it is I only got 4 hours of sleep. Sad