Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Stable releases are also easier for CPU benchmarking as they're readily available on the Dolphin download page for years at a time.

I kind of would just like a bit of clarification on whether "not soon" means "not the next couple months" or "not in 2018" - are we talking melonDS or Elon Musk timeframes here?
(01-03-2018, 11:56 AM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]The November and December Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.

And yes we're a little late. Blame Cel Damage.

Been checking in every day for this! This month’s was, yet again, a fascinating read. Thank you for taking the time and trouble to keep users informed of what’s going on. The extra mile factor is staggering.
[Image: progressreportheader-January2018mini.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2018/02/03/...uary-2018/

The January Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
[color=#000080]Good work on the new Qt interface! I've been now using it for a few weeks, and despite small bugs, I find it much more clear and ergonomic than the good ol' WX interface! [/color]
Yet another well written and informative Progress report! THank you to everyone involved!
Nice work, as usual. I did notice that Bighead did not get even a tiny nod for all his work on fixing the custom mipmap effects. I recognize that the devs that were kind enough of to implement his suggestions did the actual coding but he also deserves some recognition for identifying the issue and doing the background work to arrive at a fix.
I wasn't aware of anything outside of the PRs. In fact, when the feature was first implemented, we talked about adding Custom Texture support for it, so, I didn't think there waas outside input on the Arbitrary Mipmaps...
(02-06-2018, 12:48 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't aware of anything outside of the PRs. In fact, when the feature was first implemented, we talked about adding Custom Texture support for it, so, I didn't think there waas outside input on the Arbitrary Mipmaps...

There was. If it wasn't for Bighead posting some changed code on the forums, I probably wouldn't have made the PR that I made. (All of his code ended up being replaced while I was making the PR, but the idea of what the PR was supposed to do is his.)
(02-06-2018, 12:48 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't aware of anything outside of the PRs.  In fact, when the feature was first implemented, we talked about adding Custom Texture support for it, so, I didn't think there waas outside input on the Arbitrary Mipmaps...

I think it was a misunderstanding on my part as I thought you were referencing the work here, which was kindly picked up by JosJuice for implementation here.  I now realize that you did not reference that specific PR so perhaps this will be part of a future progress report.
Btw, as we just announced on Twitter, we'll be merging the February and March Progress Reports, so, nothing this month!