Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No, you can only set the battery level manually.
I think Rachels April Fools PR had that; except that it decreased at a rather ridiculous speed. But yeah, at the moment its only setting it to a specific value.
Thanks for the update guys. I've been wanting to play Sonic Colors for a while, how is the performance hit when playing in 60 FPS? Also with my system, will I see the benefits of the Block GPU Thread feature?
@Oemenia On a laptop? You will very likely see the difference. Try to monitor the power usage, or the temperatur of your CPU.
(05-02-2015, 01:44 AM)degasus Wrote: [ -> ]@Oemenia On a laptop? You will very likely see the difference. Try to monitor the power usage, or the temperatur of your CPU.

Interesting, temps are normally between 80-90 C when playing so I hope this will free up some resources, should I be too worried about any performance losses or the gains that good?

Also the 60 FPS hack for Sonic Colors, how much of a performance impact will it have?
I have an i7-4700MQ, and I haven't had to mess with the CPU clock yet, getting fullspeed at 60 fps (probably just haven't hit a more demanding part yet)
That sounds good I guess. I've also noticed a difference of about 5-10C difference on the newest build so hopefully more stable framerates.
[Image: Progressreportheader-May2015mini.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/06/01/...-may-2015/

The May Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
"Because the Wii/GameCube have shared memory between their GPU and CPU, performing these operations is extremely fast with no overhead."

No they don't. Main memory could be called shared because it's used for textures (with a small cache inside the GPU) but the EFB is inside the GPU, and the CPU can only access it via a MMIO bridge. There is substantial overhead compared to regular memory writes because of this.
@tueidj: How long is the PPC blocked because of such MMIO usage? Of course, there is a hardware overhead. But compared with a drawcall per pixel in dolphin, it's almost nothing Big Grin