Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You've got an inpt where you want an input near the top of the article.

Spoiler:
(04-05-2020, 04:47 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]...whoops. It's been a crazy month ok. >_<

EDIT: I'm too burned out to make an addendum. I gave it a try but my brain just won't let me do it, so um... yea.  ┐( ̄ヘ ̄)┌

Ohh, don't worry about it.

There's always next time Rolleyes .
Holy crap, remappable real wiimotes is something I've longed for ever since Metroid Prime Trilogy released back in 2009!

The thing is, the MP2:E multiplayer included is AFAIK the only splitscreen FPS on the Wii with traditional pre-Halo pre-COD arena style shooter mechanics (think Quake, GoldenEye 64, TimeSplitters, Unreal Tournament 2004, etc). Yes the GameCube has several, but the whole reason I wanted such games on the Wii was for IR pointer-style aiming like in Metroid Prime Trilogy.

Anyway, the problem is that, despite Prime Trilogy having an option in single player to make "A = Jump; B = Fire", this option is absent in multiplayer - the one mode where it'd probably be more important as you're more likely to not be playing with seasoned Metroid players that are accustomed to the Prime series' default of "Fire = A; Jump = B".

I even tried asking for people to make a gecko code for this like has previously existed for Resident Evil 4, but alas the only attempt resulted in failure whereby they could only make a given button perform both jump and fire at the same time...which is obviously no good.
Great progress. The only thing I honestly want is antideadzone like steam has so I can just not have to deal with other apps to get this functionality.
I don't think this anti-deadzone thing would work for Dolphin. The controller interface is already receiving the raw inputs unless there's something funky with your drivers. The thing is that the games are programmed with their own deadzones and calibration that is within the emulated machine. Dolphin has no knowledge of that whatsoever. Anything beyond that is a driver issue outside of Dolphin, as it just feeds in the inputs.
In theory, what would stop there being extra compensation on Dolphin's side? For example

Code:
if (rawInput != (0, 0))
    return 0.2 * normalise(rawInput)+ 0.8 * rawInput;
else
    return (0, 0);

Hopefully, this would let you skip right over any deadzone the game has.

This is something the current setup would support, isn't it?
Different games have different deadzones. But yeah, you could technically use the advanced input config to make your own deadzone compensation for each game. I just considered that to be too much of a pain in the ass for it to be a solution.
Surprising that no one has guessed this header yet. May's right, it is incredibly easy.
(04-11-2020, 02:42 AM)Zeke Wrote: [ -> ]Surprising that no one has guessed this header yet. May's right, it is incredibly easy.

You don't know whether it is wii sports resort or wii fit (plus). Wink
Spoiler:
Yep, it is from Wii Sports Resort! However, since it was solved so quickly, let's make it a little more challenging. Can anyone guess which mode the image was taken from?