Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It is a bit late now but you guys forgot to post the March update on Twitter. The February report is still pinned.
The person who usually posts the twitter updates was kicked out by delroth for an unrelated privilege misuse... So the whole twitter account is kind of in limbo at the moment. >_<
It's not "unrelated" when the person who asks to be in charge of some of the project PR decides to use his @dolphin-emu.org to send emails to random journalists to ask them to cover some Citra stuff, then when confronted decides to try and leak the private conversation I had with him -- but fails and send the pastebin link to me instead. That's called a combination of breaching trust and gross incompetence. If you want to trust someone who does this kind of stuff, feel free, I'm not planning to work on Dolphin in the near future. Maybe you should just ask mamario again at this point though Smile

Note: he had his @dolphin-emu.org email for less than a day when this happened. I was suspicious when right after I gave him his new shiny email he went in #citra-emu saying he would email some journalists. Especially when a day before he was posting some Citra stuff on @Dolphin_Emu (https://twitter.com/Dolphin_Emu/status/5...2438920194 -- which, note, would be completely fine by itself).

So yeah, if you could avoid going around and saying I kick people out of important roles because of "unrelated misuses" that would be nice.
(04-14-2015, 06:30 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]It's not "unrelated" when the person who asks to be in charge of some of the project PR decides to use his @dolphin-emu.org to send emails to random journalists to ask them to cover some Citra stuff, then when confronted decides to try and leak the private conversation I had with him -- but fails and send the pastebin link to me instead. That's called a combination of breaching trust and gross incompetence. If you want to trust someone who does this kind of stuff, feel free, I'm not planning to work on Dolphin in the near future. Maybe you should just ask mamario again at this point though Smile

Note: he had his @dolphin-emu.org email for less than a day when this happened. I was suspicious when right after I gave him his new shiny email he went in #citra-emu saying he would email some journalists. Especially when a day before he was posting some Citra stuff on @Dolphin_Emu (https://twitter.com/Dolphin_Emu/status/5...2438920194 -- which, note, would be completely fine by itself).

So yeah, if you could avoid going around and saying I kick people out of important roles because of "unrelated misuses" that would be nice.

Perhaps she meant he got kicked for something unrelated to twitter? At least that is what i understood.
(04-14-2015, 06:30 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not planning to work on Dolphin in the near future.

Whaa?? Sad
(04-03-2015, 08:08 AM)Fiora Wrote: [ -> ]NFS Hot Pursuit 2 is incredibly vertex-bound to the point of absurdity; it gained like ~30%+ performance from my optimizations in the old vertex loader alone. From what I recall, it streamed over 20 million vertices to the GPU every second.
It's a bit differently. This game is a variable fps game, but because of our broken GPU syncing code, it enforces a very high FPS right now. Try to disable SyncGpuOnIdleSkipping and you'll see a smooth game even on average computers. IMO this game won't reach 60 fps at all, likely they also miss the 30 fps at some points...
So playing at ~120fps means you're running the "game" with 400% speed, but you may still get only 50 vps ...
Huh, that is unusually broken. So the combination of EA-style vertex shadows and the absurdly high (unrealistic) FPS results in an incredibly high vertex loader load?
I have known about the Dolphin emulator for years but haven't been able to fully enjoy it because of either my hardware, unoptimized code, or a combination of both. I'm glad I finally have the hardware to emulate and a compatible version that has minimal slowdowns while playing all my favorite games on my laptop. Big Grin
[Image: Progressreportheader-April2015mini.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/05/01/...pril-2015/

The April Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
But will the emulated battery automatically decrease? Is there support for different brands and their respective depletion times? Is there a "change battery" option that puts it in the random range of a new battery (like 95-99%)?