Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nevertheless, there's always the Gecko OS method of region-free gaming that simply has the Wii running in the GameCube mode but skips the region check or something.

(06-13-2021, 08:55 AM)AdmiralCurtiss Wrote: [ -> ]But Devolution doesn't support Adventure Mode in Pokémon Box, right?

...does it? Has anybody actually tried with the final version of Devolution?

The newest information I can find is the following post made June 2015 about Devolution crashing, but the post was made two months before the final version of Devolution was released (August 2015):
None of the virtualizers will support it as the game tries to store the GBA rom where they map MEM2.

I don't see them changing all of their code to support one mode of one game.
(06-13-2021, 09:52 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]None of the virtualizers will support it as the game tries to store the GBA rom where they map MEM2.

I don't suppose you have insight into why DIOS MIOS didn't work then? Or is that from its generally worse compatibility altogether?

(I'm also going to go out on a limb and guess that, similar to loading the disc through Gecko OS, the more piracy-focused burned-disc loaders would technically also work...but we probably shouldn't speak of such things)

EDIT: And I'm guessing the MEM2 issue is just specific to Pokemon Box and not emulation in general since Ocarina of Time Master Quest works perfectly in Devolution.
Yeah, it's specific to only Pokemon Box.
[Image: progressreportheader-july2021mini2.png]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2021/08/01/...july-2021/

The June and July 2021 Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.

There's a lot of cool fixes and additions to the emulator this month. Lots of DSP-HLE fixes, some new additions to the Integrated GBA, the end of the Bounding Box saga, fixes to the AArch64 JIT, and much, much more.

I particularly enjoyed hearing the "Super Smash Bros. Melee" announcer finally sounding just right on DSP-HLE.
MEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The header looks intriguing, which game is that?
The GameCube Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, I would assume.
(08-04-2021, 02:32 AM)Miksel12 Wrote: [ -> ]The header looks intriguing, which game is that?

Not sure but here's a higher-res version of the picture to see if someone can help you figure it out if JMC doesn't wanna say.
https://dolphin-emu.org/m/user/blog/prog...21mini.jpg
It's Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, I felt that while Four Swords Adventures was the most well known games from the GBA <-> GCN era, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles fit the Progress Report header.