Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does the progress report only go up to 4.0-3748? Is there nothing interesting happening between there and 4.0-3950 (latest dev build before progress report was published)?
Quote:Dolphin has been limited to rendering to 4x Native (2560x2112) for no real reason other than that no one can agree with how to select between arbitrary internal resolutions with the GUI.

Quote:The next step of course is to add it to the GUI and fix up other inconsistencies with how it's implemented.

What exactly is the issue? You can't decide how high up to allow the user to go in the GUI? Also what are the inconsistencies in the GUI?

Quote:Unfortunately, those who want to experience the game in HD will still have to contend with zfreeze problems and the occasional hang, along with severe HLE audio problems that can only be avoided with LLE.

What is zfreeze?

MaJoR, you misspelled 'Nehalem' in the third paragraph for 4.0-3673 - Hash: unroll CRC loop

Quote:Unfortunately, CRC32 takes multiple micro-operations on AMD and so can't be pipelined quite as effectively, though it hasn't been benchmarked yet. It could be an even greater speedup, or it could be far less effective.

I have a friend who has an OC'ed AMD FX 6300 and I know he uses Dolphin. Should I poke him to get him to run some benchmarks or did you guys already find one since this was written?
Can I have a look at that test that's drawing the triangles at the bottom of the report. Is there an .elf file or something?
Handled some of the comments.

Jhonn: You're right, that should have been mentioned, but I wasn't sure about mentioning something big like that when it's been barely tested. Also, there is a limited upside to it, it's not perfect imo.

Karasuhebi: No one has benchmarked on an AMD yet with the Unroll hash stuff. Zfreeze really can't be explained in a progress report, it's really an article of its own if I really wanted to do it.

Zephyrsurfer: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4847...281%29.dol

KHg8m3r: The report was getting so long that we cut out having a second feature (A silly issue report gold thing about a game using the MMU for textures and nothing else) and a few iffy notable changes. It comes down to simply having enough time for everything. If I missed some super important build while I was cutting stuff out, that falls on me.
I just messaged my friend, I'll get back to you guys once he answers. If he doesn't own the games benchmarked in the progress report, is there any specific games you'd prefer he benchmark? Also, should he just use the latest dev build or is there a specific build he should use?
Everything should be in the latest development builds.
(11-01-2014, 12:48 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]No mention to GameTDB's title.txt support? =/

GameTDB's title.txt is gross for translating names. We need to put together a list of games that actually have bad titles, and ship them in game INIs.
"a game using the MMU for textures"? That seems unlikely since the GPU can't use the MMU...
Tueidj: Well, I wasn't planning on concluding that in the article. For some reason, the game needs MMU on for the textures to draw at all. Otherwise, every model is black. If you want to look into it, the game is Splinter Cell: Double Agent (GC)

Maybe Dolphin is messing something else up.
(11-01-2014, 04:29 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]KHg8m3r: The report was getting so long that we cut out having a second feature (A silly issue report gold thing about a game using the MMU for textures and nothing else) and a few iffy notable changes. It comes down to simply having enough time for everything. If I missed some super important build while I was cutting stuff out, that falls on me.

Ah ok, thanks for shedding some light on that Smile