Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-02-2016, 03:48 PM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]I really do hope that, like the newest blogpost says, the non-passthrough wiimote bluetooth won't be going anywhere because it's my only* hope for ever getting customizable controls on a real wiimote.
Don't worry, this is not going to happen. We want to emulate all stuff required to run Wii games. So we have to emulate the wiimote. Being able to pass through real hardware is just a nice feature. One of the primary reason for emulation is being able to play those games if the hardware dies, no we must not require any special hardware.
Hi guys, thanks for the newest report.
Is there any explanation why turning OFF that "skipping idle.." function actually made Nhl2k11 runs about 20fps faster?

Thanks
Yes, it causes dualcore to run completely unsynced. That's a bad thing for most games. The lack of syncing is faster, which is why I said that if you want that behavior you can still use SyncOnIdleSkipping set to false.
Any plans to fix the graphical issues in Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom? Specifically the outline of a blue square appears in the left hand corner. and there are red triangle textures on the ground.
(11-02-2016, 11:46 PM)carrotfear666 Wrote: [ -> ]Any plans to fix the graphical issues in Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom? Specifically the outline of a blue square appears in the left hand corner. and there are red triangle textures on the ground.

Those issues only appear when playing above 1x native resolution. Chances are Dolphin isn't doing anything wrong...
(11-03-2016, 01:11 AM)Invader Wrote: [ -> ]Those issues only appear when playing above 1x native resolution. Chances are Dolphin isn't doing anything wrong...

I never claimed they were. But there are forum posts as far back as 2011 complaining about the same issue. 

I just wondered if the Dolphin team was aware of the issue, or ever planning to fix it. 
Some games draw their graphics in a way that doesn't work if you increase the IR above native. This isn't so much a problem with Dolphin as a limitation of the game itself. Sonic Heroes is another game that always causes problems when you set the IR above 1x. It's possible that the developers might find a creative workaround to stop the graphical problems eventually, but since the problem lies with the game and not Dolphin, it doesn't technically need to be "fixed", so it isn't a developer priority when they could be working on solving bugs that are actually Dolphin's fault.
I was wondering what are these fixes about in the big picture of things. Is this more about making the graphics looks better, or games runs faster? Or both?

Do you guys have some cool new feature in your plans, like that revolutionary custom textures at the time?

Im just extremely curious, as a fan of Dolphin and textures creator Smile
(11-03-2016, 06:44 AM)djneo Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering what are these fixes about in the big picture of things. Is this more about making the graphics looks better, or games runs faster? Or both?

There isn't really a big plan. Each developer works on whatever they feel like working on.
(11-03-2016, 05:51 AM)Aleron Ives Wrote: [ -> ]Some games draw their graphics in a way that doesn't work if you increase the IR above native. This isn't so much a problem with Dolphin as a limitation of the game itself. Sonic Heroes is another game that always causes problems when you set the IR above 1x. It's possible that the developers might find a creative workaround to stop the graphical problems eventually, but since the problem lies with the game and not Dolphin, it doesn't technically need to be "fixed", so it isn't a developer priority when they could be working on solving bugs that are actually Dolphin's fault.

That makes sense. It's just one of my favourite games from my childhood, so it'd be great to play it in high resolution without glitches.