Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A pic in the bottom of the article is broken here about athlon performance.
Whoops! Fixed.
Glad to know I wasn't crazy when I said RS 2 didn't use on thread and did it manually lol.
WOW! with the Vertex Loader JIT SSE2 I get 100 fps (before 30-35 fps) on NFS Hot Pursuit 2 with my Phenom II X4 @ 4 Ghz! Impressive work Tilka, thx man!
When I tested that SSE2 vertex loader fallback patch, I saw a 15%~50% performance boost.
Others have reported an up to 90% performance increase.
But a 220% uplift ? That's insane Smile
NFS Hot Pursuit 2 is incredibly vertex-bound to the point of absurdity; it gained like ~30%+ performance from my optimizations in the old vertex loader alone. From what I recall, it streamed over 20 million vertices to the GPU every second.

I'd expect it to gain like 4x more speed than basically any other game, minus possibly other games that use the same engine.
The title image used for this progress report reminds me about the Acid Shaders mod for Minecraft. Could that be hinting that custom shaders might be returning?
(04-04-2015, 10:09 AM)Kawasuzu Wrote: [ -> ]...Could that be hinting that custom shaders might be returning?
Returning from where? Custom Shaders feature is here since 2010 at least and it's still here, although only in OGL backend...
The header is hinting at something, but it's not that. Wink

Spoiler:
Dolphin Progress Report Wrote:...This included fairly capable processors, including the Phenom and Phenom II lines.

Did you mean the Athlon II?
The original Phenom was a mediocre and buggy CPU. Phenom II fixed all those issues and improved the performance per clock.
Athlon II is better than the first Phenom. Even the low-end Dual-Core is very capable (as you can see from Ofunniku's benchmarks) Smile