Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It automatically will the first time you select it. The current memory card will be dumped into the folder.
(07-02-2014, 12:49 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The sad thing is that Don't Use Coherent Mapping causes and equal slowdown on AMD cards, so now we have to figure out why AMD cards are slower with it off.

Coherent Mapping on/off doesn't matter.
The problem is this:
Quote:glFlushMappedBufferRange(m_buffertype, m_iterator, used_size);

Remove that line and AMD cards suddenly gain 100% more performance.
I'v never seen such a group of people committed to such an emulator. Seriously I've seen other emulators take months in fixing and resolving compatibility issues and enhancing the emulator. With this much focus on a project I have no doubts that this is the best emulator out there hands down, and I have only been here these forums for a few months now and have seen lots of improvements since. I wish the folks over at RPCS3 would get this much attention. Keep it up everyone involved.

OhBizzle

I love reading these progress reports, as a programmer and user its so interesting to see the different changes being made over the months!

Thanks for taking the time to write these guys, i'm excited to read next months!!

djv

(07-03-2014, 04:22 AM)OhBizzle Wrote: [ -> ]I love reading these progress reports, as a programmer and user its so interesting to see the different changes being made over the months!

Thanks for taking the time to write these guys, i'm excited to read next months!!
Seconded; my day job is as a game programmer and while I lack the skills to work on a project like this, reading the reports definitely piques my interest and makes me want to step up my game so I can contribute. Thanks for posting these for all of us nerds out there. Smile
When I saw the wii menu video, I reached a new level of happiness! keep up the good work guys!
I absolutely love the progress reports; they give me a quick overview on why I should update to the latest version - after a month has passed. Keep up the great work!

REscobar

One question,

shouldn't the fused multiply add fix the issue 3122?
It will when it's merged. It was not merged. The build I was using recorded that video was a fork of Dolphin. It had severe performance regressions in order to make the replays work, and they're obviously not going to merge that into master without some way to make it faster.
(07-02-2014, 01:39 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It automatically will the first time you select it. The current memory card will be dumped into the folder.

Noted, that's clever by the way. Big Grin