Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Loved this report, Sonic Heroes runs at full glory in high resolution now. Smile

And since I dislike the PC port because {insert your issue here} I am really happy to see IR working on it.
The Sonic Heroes PC version is from an earlier build of the game. The GC version is straight up better.
Why is Texture Decoding not available for D3D11?
(04-06-2017, 01:31 PM)Stevester118 Wrote: [ -> ]Why is Texture Decoding not available for D3D11?

11 and 12 yep...

Maybe because Vulkan/OpenGL are considered as a better choices for portability so DX backends are not actively supported ? Rolleyes

Thank's for the repport Big Grin
D3D11 is still being worked on, D3D12 has lost the one person who developed for it
(04-06-2017, 10:20 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The Sonic Heroes PC version is from an earlier build of the game. The GC version is straight up better.
Oh? I don't suppose there's a list of what's different between the two somewhere?
(using the GPU Vertex Decoding for these)
Well,Twilight Princess on Android Shield TV runs better,Kakariko Village is full speed and the Gerudo Desert also manages to stay at 30fps when not using any visual enhancements and WITHOUT underclocking either.
Sadly,Hyrule Field still runs about the same ranging from 20-27fps likely due to its massive size and large map,even with the speedhack to prevent any chance of slowdowns from it.

Have yet to check out Simpsons Hit & Run for any performance gains using that feature,hope it helps a bit on that game too.
Does GPU texture decoding have any impact on custom textures ?
My laptop stutters a lot when I enable them, even with the prefetch option, yet I have a fast SSD, 12 Go of RAM and a good enough CPU/GPU combo.
You shouldn't be stuttering if you prefetch all of the textures. Are you sure it's not some other issue?
pre-fetch textures will fail if it won't fit in ram. I know the Wind Waker Texture pack won't fit in 32GB of ram lol.