Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think "s1x7R4GDZM" is spelled wrong and should be "slx7R4GDZM".
Also isn't this a commit: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/1423
Buddybenj: I went with githubs stats instead of manually combing through all the changes.
(11-01-2014, 01:33 AM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]Can you generate a log of faulting addresses (when TranslatePageAddress returns 0) and their requested access flags, combined with the addresses passed to InvalidateTLBEntry (assuming it's called by tlbie instructions) ?

That sounds like a good idea, I'll see if I can get around to that when I have a chance to poke at the MMU ^^
(11-01-2014, 03:45 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]I have a friend who has an OC'ed AMD FX 6300 and I know he uses Dolphin. Should I poke him to get him to run some benchmarks or did you guys already find one since this was written?

Check out this thread:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-pe...n-4-0-3926

Yes, it would be nice to have some more benchmark results on AMD hardware.
We already do performance tests on AMD video cards; it's just that there are no good AMD processors for people to buy/use to get comparable performance as good Intel processors on Dolphin.
(11-01-2014, 12:48 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]No mention to GameTDB's title.txt support? =/

I'd hold off on mentioning that. There are still a few issues, such as titles not loading for Virtual Console games, custom titles not being used when alphabetizing games, lack of indication for games with multiple disks, and a few other minor issues.
(11-03-2014, 07:51 AM)Stevoisiak Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2014, 12:48 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]No mention to GameTDB's title.txt support? =/

I'd hold off on mentioning that. There are still a few issues, such as titles not loading for Virtual Console games, custom titles not being used when alphabetizing games, lack of indication for games with multiple disks, and a few other minor issues.
Virtual console games lack the last two digits that dolphin has in their database, usually they are common between specific categories, nes, snes and n64 games end with 01, genesis and master system with 8P, Neo geo with J8, Turbografx with 18 etc...
(11-02-2014, 02:38 PM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2014, 03:45 AM)karasuhebi Wrote: [ -> ]I have a friend who has an OC'ed AMD FX 6300 and I know he uses Dolphin. Should I poke him to get him to run some benchmarks or did you guys already find one since this was written?

Check out this thread:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-pe...n-4-0-3926

Yes, it would be nice to have some more benchmark results on AMD hardware.

That thread seems to be about AMD GPUs, not CPUs. I was talking about having my friend with his AMD CPU try it, since that's what it seems wasn't done, according to the way it was worded in the progress report.

(11-01-2014, 04:54 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Everything should be in the latest development builds.

So just benchmark some titles on the latest build and on a pre 3673 build?
Go find the slightly old unofficial dolphin benchmark thread, grab the mentioned build, and run the POVRay test and see how it stacks up against the Others in the spreadsheet.
But POVRay wasn't used in the graph displayed on the progress report under 4.0-3673 - Hash: unroll CRC loop though.