Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great read as always! Thanks a lot! Smile
That was a great read—I love learning the behind-the-scenes stuff that goes into this emulator. Thanks for putting these out!
Wow Soulcalibur II fade-in effects are fixed *o* Amazing work Dolphin Team!!

Now the only issue that annoys me is the bloom issue from Arc Rise Fantasia. Smile

Awesome progress report as always too. xD
The audio latency impact of WASAPI is huge. Very nice.
Out of curiosity, what is the Rock Band 3 calibrator value on real hardware? Preferably using the same speakers as what was used in the Dolphin tests.
on my capture card it's 70ish ms. on a CRT it's about 0!
Are we recommend go to below the default latency value of 20 for exclusive mode? What are some of the performance needs of this setting if someone can tell me?

Man, a great setting and thanks for the work on this audio stuff. It was sorely needed.
Another awesome read!!! Thank you! The updater works fantastically and I'm looking forward to playing with WASAPI!
I am going on 5 latency so far with exclusive mode and the sound is MILES better. Holy cow man. Donkey Kong finally sounds right again.

I am still uncertain of how much performance it takes. I will have to test some games like Galaxy 2 that push the system to see if I get crackling.

I am curious as to how far you can generally go with this setting as default is 20, which seems high.

All that I know is 20 still has too much latency for my tastes.

I am very thankful this setting is now a part of master. I really love how improved this emu is from even a year ago. Games are running really well at 4K with a few things ticked and custom textures. I can do MSAA and inject SMAA with no problems it seems. Amazing performance. The only bad thing was audio latency for the most part.

And now that is fixed too.
Dolphin WX removal is already merged.
Considering PR comments, doing that so soon was unexpected. Did the whole team came up with this decision ?
No. The timing of the removal was still being discussed.