Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
R.I.P. SDL Sad

It's good to know what sort of pitfalls Dolphin encountered, so hopefully I can avoid them myself (I mean, my emulator uses SDL for absolutely everything). Having an evdev based implementation sounds great for Linux though.
I found a few typos in the article

"...which unsurprisingly brings any computer to it's knees."
"...hence it's name of Cached Interpreter."

Should be "its" not "it's" here.

"The only possible from some extremely competent developer mimicking the look of a movie..."

I think there's a word or something missing here.
axises Big Grin
in 4.0.-6970.2nd paragraph
In order to make things stable, a work-around as implemented into the emulator to prevent problems

a little concord error.
Is it true that 5.0-rc is going to receive nothing but bugfixes until 5.0-final? What about the new and improved *official* benchmark one of the devs promised to include in the 5.0 installer / package?

It would be a shame to release the final version without it.
(08-02-2015, 04:08 AM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]Is it true that 5.0-rc is only going to receive bugfixes and nothing else before it becomes 5.0-final?
It would be a shame to release the final version without a proper *official benchmark* (included in the installer / package), as previouly hinted by one of the devs.

That's correct. There are several things that would be nice to have in 5.0 that aren't going to be in it because the release would have to be delayed even further.
Fixed the minor nitpicks. Thanks everyone.
(08-02-2015, 05:24 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2015, 04:08 AM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]Is it true that 5.0-rc is only going to receive bugfixes and nothing else before it becomes 5.0-final?
It would be a shame to release the final version without a proper *official benchmark* (included in the installer / package), as previouly hinted by one of the devs.

That's correct. There are several things that would be nice to have in 5.0 that aren't going to be in it because the release would have to be delayed even further.

Well, I hope that 5.1/5.5 won't make us wait that much.
Great article this month! Smile Love your writing-style (the humor that goes along with it)

NoInkling

(08-02-2015, 02:30 AM)Pringo Wrote: [ -> ]I found a few typos in the article

"...which unsurprisingly brings any computer to it's knees."
"...hence it's name of Cached Interpreter."

Should be "its" not "it's" here.

"The only possible from some extremely competent developer mimicking the look of a movie..."

I think there's a word or something missing here.
As long as we're being pedantic, "sporatic" (used twice in the SDL section) should be "sporadic".

Keep the reports coming, they're really informative. Some nice changes this last month.