Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
See this thread:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-he...k-settings

for more information about the CPU clock settings. Wink
Can we have a stable release now pleease.. (Please don't ban me =P )
Why are you guys so hot for a 'stable' release. If Dolphin still has critical issues open, then it's not really stable. Releasing it as v5.0 or something won't make it more stable. Just use the latest dev builds, they're great. The only big reason why we'd need a release is so that we don't have to tell people in the forum every day to use NOT 4.0.2 but the latest dev build...
Less issues than an Ubisoft game != stable
A stable official release is always something to strive for.
I know most of you don't agree on this with me but I for one prefer official stable releases of software then development revisions and beta software.

But if I have to chose between the "stable" 4.0.2 release and the 4.0-5390 development revision, I take the latter because everything is butter smooth for the most part.

And I have even stopped using Direct3D completely, OpenGL seems way more stable and supremer.

The next release is going to be awesome, but until then I rather stick with what I have.
It's not like the devs don't want a stable release. When it's done, it's done. Why push one out now if it's not stable enough (for everyone, that is)?
And just as a note: a lot of these issues are easy to fix. It's just that nobody has the time or the motivation to work on that when there's more fun improvements to add.
Thanks for explaining (And for not banning)
I've been meaning to ask - when will the D3D plugin get Post-Processing effects and why hasn't it got any so far?
That, and one more thing about Custom Textures. I remember when the feature was implemented. It was incredible! I immediately got on with doing mods. Anyway, why do different Dolphin versions have different dump name for textures? I still haven't uploaded my texmods because I don't know when will be a good time to rename them all with the current dump names so that they're correctly read by the emulator.