Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Small nitpick: We generally don't capitalize the "B" in "Homebrew Channel" (This is under "Implemented .elf and .dol support in gamelist")
(09-02-2015, 04:13 PM)Franpa Wrote: [ -> ]While this article mentions the new Release Candidates, it doesn't really mention just how much newer they are than the most recent stable 4.x version. What I mean is it doesn't give any idea of what features didn't make it in to the release candidate, or how the latest developer build differs from it etc.

The stable branch is in a feature freeze by definition, only bug fixes get merged into the release candidates and absolutely no new features.
So it's like the latest stable 4.x version but only with bug fixes? Gotcha. I figured it might've been feature locked at some point after the last stable version, thus containing SOME new features.
(09-03-2015, 05:22 AM)Franpa Wrote: [ -> ]So it's like the latest stable 4.x version but only with bug fixes? Gotcha. I figured it might've been feature locked at some point after the last stable version, thus containing SOME new features.

Ofcourse it will contain tons of more features than the last stable version. But as we mentioned in the last progress report it would only contain the features that were added up to 4.0-6727.
(09-03-2015, 05:22 AM)Franpa Wrote: [ -> ]So it's like the latest stable 4.x version but only with bug fixes? Gotcha. I figured it might've been feature locked at some point after the last stable version, thus containing SOME new features.

The feature freeze was a lot after 4, about a month ago.

nullsmack

When the Android TV gui is merged in, will there be an option to use it on PC as well? I am using Dolphin Emu on a HTPC and would love a more TV appropriate interface. It'd be even better if it could receive LIRC commands as well.
Thats unlikely, since it uses Android stuff to show that UI. But I believe I heard some rumors going in that direction, keep an eye out for that Smile
[Image: Progressreportheader-September2015mini.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/10/01/...mber-2015/

The September Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
Two thumbs way up for the creation of the Dolphin Emulator Foundation. Very nice.

Cheers to all developers.
Wait.. so.. how many of the people on Team Dolphin are from Holland?

Dolphin een NL product?? Dat maakt alles nog gaver dan het al was! Big Grin