Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-01-2014, 08:42 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's the first thing in https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/06/30/...4/#cuthere

Ohh okay sweet! ^.^
[Image: Progressreportheader-July2014.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/07/31/...july-2014/

The July Dolphin Progress Report is live! And a little late after they merged tons of stuff on the 30th. Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
What really excites me is the promise of lower input latency with D3D exclusive fullscreen. I haven't been able to test it yet, is the difference substantial?

This coupled with Nintendo's own GC to USB adapter hopefully having lower input latency than Mayflash's adapters might make emulating Smash Bros. a more authentic and enjoyable experience than it's been in the past.
Dolphin also has exclusive fullscreen support in opengl if you have "use fullscreen" and "keep window on top" checked. I discovered this when trying to get g-sync working with dolphin back in march. Just remember to hit the spacebar after hitting escape or you have to alt-tab to exit fullscreen mode. I'm not sure how comparable this is to the D3D exclusive support, but it is enough to get g-sync going.
TSM: I don't know if that's true exclusive fullscreen, but that's a very nice trick to get gsync working!
(08-02-2014, 07:41 AM)TSM Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin also has exclusive fullscreen support in opengl if you have "use fullscreen" and "keep window on top" checked. I discovered this when trying to get g-sync working with dolphin back in march. Just remember to hit the spacebar after hitting escape or you have to alt-tab to exit fullscreen mode. I'm not sure how comparable this is to the D3D exclusive support, but it is enough to get g-sync going.
Yeah, that should work correctly. We already discovered that applying the WS_POPUP style to the render frame allows for exclusive fullscreen under OpenGL. I'm currently looking for ways to implement it reliably.

PerkPrincess

Trying to test out Armada's, but I end up with a windowed screen no matter how I toy with settings. Any ideas on what I'm fussing over?
Exclusive fullscreen mode, with the lower latency, is great! Or rather, pretending to go fullscreen when we didn't really, like we used to, was bad. So a big thank you for fixing it.
This is very useful for me, because my Virtual Reality branch really requires low latency or the user gets sick and the world doesn't feel fixed in space when they turn their head. I haven't implemented D3D yet, but this will enable me to do so.
(08-04-2014, 06:40 AM)PerkPrincess Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to test out Armada's, but I end up with a windowed screen no matter how I toy with settings. Any ideas on what I'm fussing over?
Exclusive fullscreen is the new default fullscreen mode, you don't have to activate it in the settings, as soon as you switch from windowed mode to fullsreen it will activate exclusive mode. However you do need to keep "Borderless Fullscreen" disabled in the settings as that is the option to switch back to the old fullscreen mode.
[Image: progressreportheader-august2014.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2014/08/31/...gust-2014/

The August Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.