Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the video, it is said that both the emulated CPU and GPU were overclocked. I never knew there was an option to overclock the emulated GPU so is this correct?

A blast to read as always btw!
(05-09-2020, 12:51 AM)Miksel12 Wrote: [ -> ]In the video, it is said that both the emulated CPU and GPU were overclocked. I never knew there was an option to overclock the emulated GPU so is this correct?

There's no option for it, but the way Dolphin currently works, the GPU is essentially always overclocked (except when you are in dual core mode and the GPU emulation can't keep up).
Emulated GPU can technically be overclocked via INI settings.
(05-09-2020, 02:40 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Emulated GPU can technically be overclocked via INI settings.

Hmm? We got an INI setting for it? I don't think it's mentioned over at: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game.

Is it different from the Overlock = 1.0 or OverclockEnable = True setting lines?
Thanks for the report!

So with that memory thing, are you guys planning to add this as potential performance improvement hack?
Might fix my issue with missing crowd maybe Smile
Why not go test it with your NHL game(s) and see if it works? Most games won't see an improvement (or may crash) as stated in the article, but if the game doesn't crash maybe you can make an AR/Gecko code that will allow for more crowd
(05-13-2020, 02:49 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]Why not go test it with your NHL game(s) and see if it works? Most games won't see an improvement (or may crash) as stated in the article, but if the game doesn't crash maybe you can make an AR/Gecko code that will allow for more crowd

^ This.

As the article clearly stated, the option to add RAM to the emulated console is not intended as a "hack for better performance" and it´s more like a tool to assist with game mods or to play certain thingies (like the MP3 beta build of E3 2006 showcased in the article).
I sure will guys Smile

Dougzen.

Please staff, can you UNLOCK the resolution setings???

Thats extremely essential to run games without crashes.

Look the example of PCSX2 staff, they have one Directx 9 and 10 based in hardware too. In this way, anyone can test which resolution is better.

Actually the 600x native resolution its not perfect.
What?