Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a save state revision, when this number increases, the previous ones becomes incompatible (however, it's not a case of "every new development version becomes incompatible with the old one" like it is currently with the Shader Cache). The save state revision must be increased when something in the save state file structure is changed (e.g. accounting for an information which now requires more or less space to be stored in the file or having to store new info which were not required before, due an accuracy improvement in the emulator or a new feature). If the check didn't exist, previous versions wouldn't know what to do with the new data or with data that used to be of a different size, while newer revisions would not find the new data they are expecting since older revisions didn't store them. That would cause all sort of bugs and crashes...
I'm dumb - how do you run a game at 30x+ IR when the GUI listing for IR maxes out at 8x?
(12-12-2016, 06:53 PM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm dumb - how do you run a game at 30x+ IR when the GUI listing for IR maxes out at 8x?

You can set it in GFX.ini file located in the Config folder (check the Global User Directory of Dolphin which is at default: %userprofile%\My Documents\Dolphin Emulator\). Just change the line EFBScale =

0 => Auto (Window Size)
1 => Auto (Multiple of 640x528)
2 => 1x (Native)
3 => 1.5x
4 => 2x
5 => 2.5x
6 => 3x
7 => 4x
8 => 5x
9 => 6x
10 => 7x
11 => 8x

So 30x IR must be the value 33
Has UID shader loading on boot gotten any faster, now that it's been a while since they've been added? SMG's boot time is getting really long now, and I do not want to use anything but Vulkan.
How long is it taking to compile?
(12-12-2016, 08:03 AM)Mrnoname1000 Wrote: [ -> ]Out of curiosity, what exactly makes savestates incompatible across versions?

A savestate contains a copy of the entire emulation system (not just gameplay progress info) as is at the time of the creation of the savestate, loading a savestate will load the emulation system copy contained in the savestate. If the emulator is updated with changes to emulation than the copy in the save state can not be restored correctly as it won't match the functionality of the new version of the emulator.

If you intend to upgrade to a different emulator/version than you should invoke the in-game save game systems to save your progress and not rely on savestates.
(12-18-2016, 10:21 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]How long is it taking to compile?

Dolphin 5.0-1420. When I click on Super Mario Galaxy using OpenGL, it's instantaneous. Using Vulkan, it's about 17 seconds. 
(12-19-2016, 05:23 AM)Probwontusethisaccountagain Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin 5.0-1420. When I click on Super Mario Galaxy using OpenGL, it's instantaneous. Using Vulkan, it's about 17 seconds. 

Doesn't seem like too big an issue to me.
... Admittedly because I play Elite Dangerous, which is the only actual game I know of that seems to have to do a similar thing.
(12-19-2016, 07:39 AM)Ivybridge11 Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't seem like too big an issue to me.
... Admittedly because I play Elite Dangerous, which is the only actual game I know of that seems to have to do a similar thing.

Not really, but it's still a slight inconvenience to me, and the only fix for it is to use a different backend, which I do not want to do.
How the hell is it taking 17 seconds? I've cached hours of Metroid Prime 3 and it takes a ~1 second to start.