Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow! Ok two things I'm really excited about in the report.

First, the Palleted Textures and the ability to no longer use EFB to ram in Twilight Princess for the minimap, so awesome, especially for the OpenGL backend! I know several games got impacted greatly with this feature, but I believe one game got left out, Yoshie's tongue in SMG 1 & 2? Are you able to use Yoshie's tongue without the need of EFB to ram correct?

Second, and the GBA -> GCN support is finally getting some attention, can't wait to try out these new features. As always great work from the developers, so amazed at how much attention this emulator is getting from developers.
My friend and I can finally do Netplay on the transversal server, as our colleges prevented us from doing the direct connection for some reason.
Sorry for all the netplay related bugs; we know there are quite a few right now from the changeover.

I still think this is better than the old netplay related bugs dolphin had Tongue
We got things to work, so that's all that matters. Now he just needs a better computer than a Macbook from 2008 with a Core 2 Duo so we can play games at higher than 35 fps Tongue
(03-02-2015, 09:32 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2015, 06:49 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2015, 05:55 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]And you forgot to mention Okami, that no longer needs it either and gets a substantial boost.

Can you draw stuff, though? I mean, I can draw, but it doesn't seem to work. At least I cannot draw that star dust bridge...

If you did it manually you probably had skip efb access enabled. It needs to be disabled and drawing will work.

I just found out what the issue was: The game doesn't seem to like Anti Aliasing. With it disabled the drawing works fine again.
Also, the game runs super-smooth! There's no more half-minute freeze when using the brush, just a short stutter every time.
>Here's to mimimi in hopes that he lasts long enough
Obligatory "hehehe"
[Image: Progressreportheader-March2015mini.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/04/01/...arch-2015/

The March Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
So is DSP-LLE on Thread activated automatically or something? There is no UI option like before.
(04-01-2015, 05:24 PM)Blackbird256 Wrote: [ -> ]So is DSP-LLE on Thread activated automatically or something? There is no UI option like before.
Yes.
I love the depth and detail in these monthly reports. They are a great read.