Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can help with recording the Wii as I have it hooked up a capture card.
Well in that case I should have mentioned that I still have the original save data that I used for testing, and for someone like you I probably don't need to give a complete step-by-step guide on converting the saves back and forth...though it seems that I typed up instructions anyway back on the Cen64 forum when I was doing my tests originally, so I'll just quote that text here:

Quote:Navigate to the according Wii game save folder (if you have the VC game in Dolphin's game list, you can just right-click the game and select "Open Wii save folder) and open the RAM_NMFE file in a hex editor and remove all the padding with the string of "AA" located at the end of the file.  From there you can boot up the save as sram in Cen64 and a real N64 without issue.

To turn a Cen64 or real N64 save into a VC save is similar, but you need to make sure you have the correct amount of padding, especially since Cen64 (and presumably a real N64?) seems to add its own padding at the end of the file (uses the string of "00"). First remove Cen64's padding, then pad the file with the string of "AA" to the proper hex address length (easily determined with a save natively created by the Wii or Dolphin) which for Mario Golf is BFFF. Rename it to "RAM_NMFE" with no file extension and replace the save in Dolphin, and that's it!

I'm really not someone that cares about glory or fame or whatever, so if you wanted to you yourself could totally make a video showing all of this and I wouldn't really mind (heck I wouldn't cry if you didn't even credit me, but I do find it a nice gesture).

I've attached the NTSC-U save data I used for testing in both "extracted Wii" format and N64 format (you can use the hex-editing process I quoted above to confirm for yourself that the saves are in fact identical other than the 'AA' padding at the end of the "Wii format" save).

I've also attached the following animated PNG (which I also made back when testing this stuff a year ago) that shows how to access the replays and also highlights which of the two replays are the ones meant for testing - "Doughnut Hole" should only complete on a Wii while "Shoot for the Stones!" should only complete on an N64.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=17221]
Wow, I wasn't expecting my video to be in the progress report, thanks Tongue

probably should've bothered to figure out obs 4:3
It was either that or spend 8 hours recording Dolphin at 80 FPS here... i figured yours more or less did the job.
[Image: progressreportheader-July2018mini.png]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2018/08/01/...july-2018/

The July Dolphin Progress Report is finally live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
Before this thread gets filled with things relevant to the July 2018 progress report, I'd just like to ask where in the future I should post stuff regarding that Mario Golf VC/N64 discrepancy I mentioned after the June 2018 progress report on the off-chance that I actually get around to making a video or the like demonstrating the aforementioned discrepancy?

Remember, this discrepancy isn't a bug in Dolphin as, in this case, Dolphin's behavior actually matches a real Wii console.
I mean, we could always keep it in general discussion. I don't know. It's an interesting prospect.
(08-01-2018, 09:08 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ][Image: progressreportheader-July2018mini.png]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2018/08/01/...july-2018/

The June Dolphin Progress Report is finally live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.

You misspelled July!
Junely is my favorite month of the year.
Looks fine to me, dunno what you're talking about.