Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-11-2021, 03:06 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]
Spoiler:
Did Kintaro finish the report over night while everyone else was passed out from exhaustion? Big Grin
I'm probably stating the obvious and nothing that hasn't already been thought of, but wouldn't it help to do the asking before/when things get merged instead of giving developers an opportunity to disappear before things have been explained?
Hey ! Thank you for this great article ! Smile

It's alway a pleasure to read it :p

And congratulation to MayImilae for this new record ! ahahah !

I particulary like the part "Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles Mogmail Crash Fix". It's very impressive to see that some peoples have time and knowledge to detect and understand how this sort of bug appears.
As a developer, I hate those bugs who be triggered a "long" time ago before the crash itself. The true console behaviour is just so magical xDD
So well play smurf3tte and thank you for the finding and the patch ! And thank's HdkR to have explained this to MayImilae :p
It's a very interesting piece of dolphin dev ! Big Grin

@iwubcode : This is full of greats ideas, I hope that some of them find there way into dolphin :p
I dream that one day I can play Zelda WW in VR on dolphin in well condition. If that day become true, I promise that I will play this game again in full VR ;D
Just wanted to say, I ALWAYS look forward to the new blog posts from you guys. I used to check the site like, twice a day when a new month started. I totally understand why you guys write less now, but really appreciate your work! Good job as always!

willmore

I just joined the forum to say thank you for the progress reports. I don't use Dolphin, but I appreciate the effort that has gone into it and I enjoy reading all the way to the end of the progress reports.

I also wanted to say well done to smurf3tte. That was some great bug finding work!
[Image: progressreportheader-Mar2021mini.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2021/04/05/...arch-2021/

The February and March 2021 Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.

KostaSaizo7

Nice blog post! A little dissapointed that mGBA connectivity and endrift weren't mentioned. Maybe in an upcoming feature article?
Shhh.
I think the 2 ocarina of Time images are around the wrong way. The left image is earlier in the game intro sequence than the right image, but the text below the images implies the left image is of the console performing things faster and presumably progressing in to the game sooner (thus the left picture should be of a later point in the intro sequence).

Alternatively the text is associated with the wrong pics.
The text and image placement is correct. As the section states, Dolphin was faster than console when rebooting games that use old IOSs. The correct image is the slower one. The fact the two gifs aren't synchronized is unfortunate but um, this was a hurried review so we didn't want to recapture it.