Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aleron Ives Wrote:Do any of those Wii games also have 4:3 modes, or are they only capable of running 16:9, the way most GC games are only capable of running 4:3?

Most Wii games are able to be run in either 4:3 or 16:9. Nintendo more or less required it for Wii games.
That's good news for me. Thanks. Smile
[Image: Progressreportheader-June2015mini.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/07/01/...june-2015/

The June Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
Quote:4.0-6492 - Fix Multiple Real Wiimotes
What about fixing a virtual Wiimote once and for all ? Is it developer's moral code that stops them from finally squashing "wiimote is disconnected" bug that happens everytime i put down my controller for longer than a minute ? That it should forever be this way because it is on an actual Wii ?

Quote:Dolphin's GameINI files are designed to edited by whatever text editing program the user has
How about adding an option to set whatever game name you want for the file manager ? It is getting ridiculous. I was once told that the name of the game in the file manager is defined at the time of ISO creation, or it is scanned from some file in the game itself, i dont even remember. I have this particular game, and its name is changing all the damn time !!!

In Dolphin 3.0 it was called Gundam 0079
in 3.5 it is called "(kanji) Gundam MS (kanji) 0079"
in 4.0-1222 it is called MOBILESUIT_GUNDAM_MS-FRONT0079
in 4.0-6163 it is just kanji all the way, without numbers at all.

What. The. Bloody. Hell.
Just put a line in the ini file - [file_manager_title]=xxxx. How is that not obvious ?
(07-01-2015, 11:49 PM)karry Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:4.0-6492 - Fix Multiple Real Wiimotes
What about fixing a virtual Wiimote once and for all ? Is it developer's moral code that stops them from finally squashing "wiimote is disconnected" bug that happens everytime i put down my controller for longer than a minute ? That it should forever be this way because it is on an actual Wii ?

I don't think there's any bug... If you haven't touched the Wiimote for five minutes, press Alt+F5 to reconnect (or Alt+F6 for player 2, and so on). Making it reconnect when pressing any button (like on the real console) would be nice to add in the future, but I don't know when/if that'll happen.

(07-01-2015, 11:49 PM)karry Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Dolphin's GameINI files are designed to edited by whatever text editing program the user has
How about adding an option to set whatever game name you want for the file manager ? It is getting ridiculous. I was once told that the name of the game in the file manager is defined at the time of ISO creation, or it is scanned from some file in the game itself, i dont even remember. I have this particular game, and its name is changing all the damn time !!!

In Dolphin 3.0 it was called Gundam 0079
in 3.5 it is called "(kanji) Gundam MS (kanji) 0079"
in 4.0-1222 it is called MOBILESUIT_GUNDAM_MS-FRONT0079
in 4.0-6163 it is just kanji all the way, without numbers at all.

What. The. Bloody. Hell.
Just put a line in the ini file - [file_manager_title]=xxxx. How is that not obvious ?
We have that already Huh

If you want to put it in the game INI, I think you can do it like this:
Code:
[EmuState]
Title = Mobile Suit Gundam: MS Sensen 0079

However, the recommended way to do it is to create the file C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Load\titles.txt and put this in it:
Code:
R79JAF = Mobile Suit Gundam: MS Sensen 0079

R79JAF is the game ID, which can be found in the game's properties.
Oh darn that GUI support for higher IR feature is gonna tease me now. My poor mobile card can only go up to 2.5x IR on certain games, let alone having all these wonderful IR's tempting me...gosh darn it! I would revert this feature for us low end users sake lol
Quote:The next feature is a feature that no one really knew they needed until they finally tried it. RachelB's implementation of desync detection revolutionizes netplay stability be revealing that, most of the time, all of the desyncs experienced spawn from mismatched settings at the start. Testers discovered new settings that caused desyncs, (Such as PAL60 causing desyncs in NTSC games!) that no one would have ever found otherwise, as they could appear up to thirty minutes into gameplay! Comex cleaned up the feature so it could be merged.

Um ok... except it wasn't RachelB's idea at all. In fact she originally called it useless and unreliable, preferring a horrible method that involved hashing the entire emulated memory for each frame: https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/2178
She implemented the latest version of it as far as I know; then it got broken at some point, and comex cleaned it up and got it working again. Am I missing any steps?
Is this month's image for the Progress Report from Sonic Colors when playing Sweet Mountain?
(07-02-2015, 05:34 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]She implemented the latest version of it as far as I know; then it got broken at some point, and comex cleaned it up and got it working again.  Am I missing any steps?

Yeah, you're ignoring the "RachelBryk changed the title from Hash ram and compare to check for desyncs in netplay. to Compare timebase of netplay users to detect desyncs. on Mar 10" change and the circumstances that led up to it.

I had to argue (several times) to get the idea of comparing timebases accepted as a preferable solution, yet the recognition for this feature that "revolutionizes netplay stability" goes to the person that was opposing it just because they did a (messy) job of writing down the implementation which I'd already spelled out.
If credit simply belongs to the last person who touched it, surely that would make comex solely responsible?