Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a SW Engineer, I like reading the progress report each month. Eagerly awaiting next months.
It would have been kinda short this month, and some of the features have other pieces that aren't merged...
(03-05-2018, 08:27 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]It would have been kinda short this month, and some of the features have other pieces that aren't merged...

So it's going to be another combined 2-month report this time? Good. I'll stop obsessively refreshing the main page.
We can't have a new progress report yet anyway - the "hardware requirements" portion of the FAQ has only seen an update to the CPU section and not the GPU section! Tongue

This is obviously down to the fact that everybody is waiting for some quality benchmark numbers of Dolphin on the Ryzen 2200G/2400G's integrated graphics before updating the GPU section, obviously.
All that needs to be removed is the vertex streaming hack mention and maybe bumping intel up to "Haswell iGPU or newer"

Most of what's there is still valid.
(03-07-2018, 05:16 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]maybe bumping intel up to "Haswell iGPU or newer"

Though Haswell only has vulkan support on Linux; on Windows vulkan support is only present for Skylake and newer (much to the dismay of any owners of the i5-5675C and/or i7-5775C).
Since when did "supporting Vulkan" become a requirement for running Dolphin well?
(03-08-2018, 02:35 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Since when did "supporting Vulkan" become a requirement for running Dolphin well?

I just thought that was what you were alluding to by mentioning Haswell or newer seeing as Ivy Bridge and older lack Vulkan support altogether.
No. We just got a bit more GPU intensive across the board as well as needing a few new GL extensions for accuracy. an HD 3000 doesn't cut it at 1x anymore for many popular games.

shadowfoxEX

I'm a little curious as to when the next "stable" patch comes out. Obviously all versions have bugs in them, but it's feels unnerving whenever the development team has many upon many breakthroughs in coding, only for them to be seen as "incomplete", hence the kind of desire for a "stable" patch