Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-02-2016, 10:32 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Then point them out please!

For the record, the progress reports are reviewed by quite a few people before they go live, but little bugs always manage to slip through...
All the ones I found were some extra commas (in "(such as sunlight,)" and "will then override the default settings, but, can still be overridden..."), an "as" where I think an "is" or a "was" should be in "the turning radius when running sideways as a lot tighter," a semicolon instead of a comma in "This also adds a time-out on GUI lockups to ten seconds;" and possibly a missing comma in "if two textures have a hash collision[,] visual anomalies can happen."  Hope that helps.  

Also, really dumb question: the reference system for the bounding box performance test was a Windows 7 computer, yet the test also includes Direct3D 12.  Isn't D3D12 only on Windows 10?  
[Image: boundingboxgraph.svg]

onemic

Just wondering, is the team still going to integrate VR into Dolphin? I remember a blog post about a year ago saying that native support for osvr/vive was going to happen.
Craftyawesome Wrote:Insert 4.0 joke here.

Edit: was that mean Sad

Not at all! I giggled and shared it in the channel for a good laugh!

Mxyl V Wrote:... some extra commas ...

That's artistic license. It is like, when someone pauses on a word while speaking for emphasis. Or suddenly decides, that it is really time, to do a captain kirk impression!

Mxyl V Wrote:and possibly a missing comma in "if two textures have a hash collision[,] visual anomalies can happen."

There too, it's controlling the pace and flow (in this case it is that way because of the previous part of the sentence and not wanting to comma overload). But honestly with this one I could go either way - don't care!

Mxyl V Wrote:"the turning radius when running sideways as a lot tighter,"

Ooops. That should be "was".

Mxyl V Wrote:a semicolon instead of a comma in "This also adds a time-out on GUI lockups to ten seconds;"

But it is a semicolon? I assume you mean a comma instead of a semicolon there? That would be correct! Or the semicolon and removing "so" there.

Mxyl V Wrote:Also, really dumb question: the reference system for the bounding box performance test was a Windows 7 computer, yet the test also includes Direct3D 12. Isn't D3D12 only on Windows 10?

Whoopsie, I forgot to update that part! JMC's machine is running windows 10 now. That will be annoying to fix though...

Anyway, thaaaanks! It's a lot better to hear the nickpicks than to just have someone go "there's a lot messed up, it's so bad!" without saying what. -_-
(06-03-2016, 12:21 AM)onemic Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering, is the team still going to integrate VR into Dolphin? I remember a blog post about a year ago saying that native support for osvr/vive was going to happen.

Armada is off doing his own thing (Probably busy with life?) but I think he still works on it every now and then.

This probably isn't the answer you want to hear. You probably want to know when it will be merged into master

Probably not anytime soon.
(06-03-2016, 04:37 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Anyway, thaaaanks! It's a lot better to hear the nickpicks than to just have someone go "there's a lot messed up, it's so bad!" without saying what. -_-
Very welcome; glad to be of help!  
Since the progress report mentioned the need for SafeTextureCacheColorSamples = 0 in order to prevent broken text in Pokémon XD, I thought I should mention that Phantasy Star Online needs the same setting, but it isn't included in the system ini file, so you currently have to set it yourself.
"Oh my god MaJoR posted to the Progress Report thread right on time, that means there's a new Progress Report!"

Nope! To anyone eagerly awaiting the June Progress Report... we've decided not to have a Progress Report this month. 5.0 launched not even a week ago, and the post feature freeze merge frenzy is in full effect. With it so busy and crazy right now it's not the best time for a progress report! Besides, the 5.0 video and article was by far the biggest production the Dolphin Blog has ever done! We need a breeeeak.

So we're going to combine the June and July Progress Reports and give them to you next month!
(07-01-2016, 02:40 PM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]"Oh my god MaJoR posted to the Progress Report thread right on time, that means there's a new Progress Report!"

Nope! To anyone eagerly awaiting the June Progress Report... we've decided not to have a Progress Report this month. 5.0 launched not even a week ago, and the post feature freeze merge frenzy is in full effect. With it so busy and crazy right now it's not the best time for a progress report! Besides, the 5.0 video and article was by far the biggest production the Dolphin Blog has ever done! We need a breeeeak.

So we're going to combine the June and July Progress Reports and give them to you next month!

Can't say a blame you, that was a pretty good video, looking forward to august!
I wanted to do a progress report; but none of the features that I would have wanted to put in it got finished.
Nah, the 5.0 report was pretty much a super-progress-report in my eyes. You guys need to get a shuteye once in a while Wink