Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: progressreportheader-march2022mini.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2022/05/17/...pril-2022/

The February, March, and April 2022 Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.

Spoiler:
Time and time again, Factor 5 shows what for incredible developers they were. Great read as always!
Factor 5, those glorious bastards. That time-lapse was great though.

As for the banner, I'm guessing an Ikaruga stage. Idk which one tho.
(05-17-2022, 10:34 PM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]As for the banner, I'm guessing an Ikaruga stage. Idk which one tho.

Nope! Good guess though. ...I should probably use Ikaruga for a header in the future...
Could it be Metroid Prime 3? The style kinda looks similar, though I never got to play that one.
Nope again! Metroid Prime 3 is in the deck performance chart so that does count as "in the report", but I wasn't that sneaky this time.

...but I do love slipping in Prime 3 references. *sigh* missed opportunity I guess.
I've got it! It's Cars 2, isn't it? That globe/gear emblem shoulda made it obvious sooner.
That is correct! It's from cars 2! Specifically the main menu. I was lucky that it looked cool because that game is very, very slow.

[Image: cars2title_thumb.jpg]
From the last several reports, it certainly sounds like those Pixar games are built in a very strange way. It's nearly a wonder they don't have trouble on the original hardware.
I hope we can eventually figure out the "Disney trio of destruction" so they can run at a decent speed. All it takes is a small breakthrough!