Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That better have been an April fools joke, phire giving up the hunt for smoother shader generation lol. Good write up.
I didn't know endrift was a development group! Who's in it?
Oh god, that Pokemon part had me laughing way too hard Tongue
rip ubershaders I'm sorry guys. Panel De Pon comes first.
(04-02-2016, 01:24 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]rip ubershaders I'm sorry guys.  Panel De Pon comes first.

How... COULD... you...  Dodgy Duh, du, daaaaaaaaaah!

Cool
John Carmack gave a shoutout to the Dolphin progress report this month: https://twitter.com/ID_AA_Carmack/status...6793232384 Pretty cool.
Nice :o

Heh, I actually only now got to actually reading the report. Had lotsa fun with it Big Grin (although Pikachu will surely haunt my nights to come >_<)

One question, though: If Metroid: Other M is not working anymore... doesn't that mean the fix is inaccurate? Or did it only work before 'by chance' and there's something else to fix there?
Metroid Other M technically still boots if you tinker with CPU clock or use LLE audio. It was booting before due to inaccurate CPU emulation. LLE audio boots now due to HLE's audio timings being different. LLE still hangs for 12 seconds, which is the new CPU inaccuracy.
Honestly, Other M not booting is more of a feature than a bug if you think about it ( ¬‿¬)
The fix to the timing issues actually fixed something incredibly minor with Metroid Prime 3 that always bugged me, the music never synced up with the title screen appearing it had always played early while the studio logo played in slow motion, there is something incredibly satisfying with hearing that foreboding music at the exact moment the Metroid name appears on screen.