Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-09-2019, 03:17 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]There is a bit more thought on monthly builds.  If we know about a severe regression, we will actively wait before setting a beta until it's finished or pick a build before it (that has all the notable changes from teh article.)

Huh, didn't know about that. Makes sense though, I imagine most of the time a dev build from after is just as good though. If not, a beta built list could actually be somewhat useful.
[Image: progressreportheader-May2019mini.png]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2019/06/02/...-may-2019/

The May Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
HYPE! I have been waiting for the next report like I do each month! It always brightens my day to begin with!

You guys keep going and going and going! Awesome work as usual!

Not the most exciting month this time, but that's no wonder given the insane amount of new features from the last few months. I always appreciate a look behind the scenes. Trivial features or not, it still belongs with the Wii and Dolphin can not consider itself complete as long it is missing hardware extensions.

Honestly if you ask me, emulators such as Citra and yuzu do perfectly fine without any Stable builds.

Now if the GameBoy Player would be next... hehe...
So I guess I'm supposed to be switching my freshly-made passthrough Bluetooth bar over from WinUSB to LibusbK? Has this new information made it to the wiki, because it definitely wasn't there a few days ago?
Hmm, maybe I was just tired when I set things up, because it looks like it said to use LibusbK both before and after the recent edits.
You don't need to change anything over to libusbK except Microphone, Wii Speak and Camera. Everything else should work fine in WinUSB.
Too late. I've swapped it now.

I was having an issue where when passthrough was enabled, if I exited a game in Dolphin and then started it or another game without closing Dolphin in between, it would hang, so maybe that's going to be fixed now as I think I saw something sounding similar mentioned somewhere (e.g. the progress report or one of the linked pull requests).
That should help, yeah.
Typos I found in the May report:

For users on macOS, VinDuv helped point that the version of libusb we were previous using has a bug breaking GameCube Controller Passthrough. We've updated to a newer version to restore support.

The word "previous" should be "previously".
Optionally, the word "point" could be replaced by the phrase "point out".

For the final act, all that had to be done was to find out why this access didn't cause the game to crash on hardware. In order to test this, booto corrupted a simple graphics homebrew and feed it various bogus base addresses to see how hardware acted, including the one present in Star Fox: Assault.

The word "feed" should be "fed".

Great job on the article btw.

Operative

As a student of computer engineering, the amount of dedication and commitment in not only your methods, but also your documentation, have been nothing short of amazing. I created this account specifically to thank all of you, and especially the developers for inspiring me to take my hardware skills to the next level with college and demonstrating brilliant coding and investigative process in a way that is easy to understand.

You don't just elevate your dolphin platform; you elevate peoples lives. Thanks!

- 0perative [HK] [Goon]