Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Excellent thanks for the fast reply.
(01-02-2015, 05:08 AM)Armada Wrote: [ -> ]For users who have noticed that Nvidia 3D Vision support for Dolphin broke down this month: this was not caused by the new Stereoscopic 3D support, but actually by the epsilon adjustment. Eventually we will release a fix to allow it to work as normal again, but in the mean time [color=#ff3333]you can enjoy full support for Nvidia 3D Vision[/color] using the new Stereoscopic 3D options.

I really get confused with this 3D Vision. Kirbay: Returns to Dream Land does work fine even though I need to use Full screen & I get a message from Nvidia stating that this is not supported or rated by Nvidia, I sill can see different levels of depth. However, with Zelda Wind Waker, 3d isn't enabled and everything is 2D except for the OSD Menu (Convergence).

but you still stated that I can still enjoy with the current feature. It seems I cannot enable it. Am I missing something? or I need to wait for an update? downgrade maybe?

My Hardware is:
Monitor: Asus VG248
Nvidia 3D Vision

Thanks & Best Regards,
(01-06-2015, 05:05 AM)XellosUAE Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-02-2015, 05:08 AM)Armada Wrote: [ -> ]For users who have noticed that Nvidia 3D Vision support for Dolphin broke down this month: this was not caused by the new Stereoscopic 3D support, but actually by the epsilon adjustment. Eventually we will release a fix to allow it to work as normal again, but in the mean time [color=#ff3333]you can enjoy full support for Nvidia 3D Vision[/color] using the new Stereoscopic 3D options.

I really get confused with this 3D Vision. Kirbay: Returns to Dream Land does work fine even though I need to use Full screen & I get a message from Nvidia stating that this is not supported or rated by Nvidia, I sill can see different levels of depth. However, with Zelda Wind Waker, 3d isn't enabled and everything is 2D except for the OSD Menu (Convergence).

but you still stated that I can still enjoy with the current feature. It seems I cannot enable it. Am I missing something? or I need to wait for an update? downgrade maybe?

My Hardware is:
Nvidia 3D Vision

Thanks & Best Regards,

Do you have Nvidia 3D Vision enabled in the stereoscopy configuration? If so, please try this build with Zelda: Wind Waker: http://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-1813-do...est-x64.7z
(01-06-2015, 05:15 AM)Armada Wrote: [ -> ]

My Hardware is:
Nvidia 3D Vision

Thanks & Best Regards,

Do you have Nvidia 3D Vision enabled in the stereoscopy configuration? If so, please try this build with Zelda: Wind Waker: http://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-1813-do...est-x64.7z

Yeas, this built does work fine with Wind Waker. Thank you very much.
(01-08-2015, 02:29 AM)XellosUAE Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-06-2015, 05:15 AM)Armada Wrote: [ -> ]

My Hardware is:
Nvidia 3D Vision

Thanks & Best Regards,

Yeas, this built does work fine with Wind Waker. Thank you very much.

Thank you for confirming that, the problem was the convergence value. Sensible values vary wildly between games and the default is very conservative. That build gives the convergence value in Wind Waker a boost so that the image converges roughly on Link.

What we need now is to get lots of testing to give as many games as possible sensible defaults.
A lot of changes in January. There seems to have been tons of fixes. Can't wait to read the new progress report.
I know, right? It will be awesome to have a hyped progress report after these slow months where not much (exciting stuff that is), was happening. Now that z-freeze is in, I can't wait to see the final results for how much better 4.5-5.0 will be over 4.0.2 in both speed and accuracy. Kudos to all the developers who have worked so hard!
I know right? Along with paletted textures being done away with for texure packs the January report is looking to be a great read.

lachs0r

Not sure what the native adapter support is about – I’m getting this result with one of those Mayflash USB adapters:

[Image: ea1xeuwo.png]

The analog R/L buttons also work as expected. Maybe it’s actually just a Windows driver problem that’s causing these inaccuracies?
What you posted isn't accurate. Actual GameCube readouts are actually not centered; there will be more space between the bottom than the top. Like we show in the article, the mayflash are very good at stick ranges, but are not perfect.

Edit: On my controllers. I don't know about all GC controllers, I only tested 5, and they're all fairly old. Maybe some are centered right? But the games seems to compensate for it, so I'm not entirely sure.