Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-02-2014, 11:01 AM)magumagu Wrote: [ -> ]In the "Vertex Loader SSSE3" chart, what does "Software" refer to?

That's Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2. Fixed now
I wanted to thank all the Dolphin Team for their dedication.
Not only do they keep improving the emulator on a daily basis but they provide nice comprehensible articles every month for us to understand what's been improved.

I'm really enjoying Dolphin and it's community.
Most support thread are answered and fixed even when the problem is trivial.

Thank you and don't stop Smile

undeadstreamer1

Thanks for pumping out these progress reports Smile. I actually sorta kinda really look forward to reading them every month. I havent missed a one yet Smile. I wish PPSSPP or PCSX2 did it too.

shaletome

In the vertex loader sse3 chart, the bars seem to be stretched incorrectly; 88 fps is over the 100 line and 149 fps nearly reaches the 200 line.
[Image: Progressreportheader-December2014mini.jpg]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2015/01/01/...mber-2014/

The December Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
For users who have noticed that Nvidia 3D Vision support for Dolphin broke down this month: this was not caused by the new Stereoscopic 3D support, but actually by the epsilon adjustment. Eventually we will release a fix to allow it to work as normal again, but in the mean time you can enjoy full support for Nvidia 3D Vision using the new Stereoscopic 3D options.

Qaazavaca Qaanic

Is it possible to reduce or eliminate the desaturation which occurs with Anaglyph?
Great to hear about Stereo 3D being retooled. However, they mention anaglyph (is this the red/blue type?) and nVidia's solution. Does the battery free glasses version used in LG screens and the like also properly compatible?
(01-03-2015, 02:59 PM)Sannakji Wrote: [ -> ]Great to hear about Stereo 3D being retooled. However, they mention anaglyph (is this the red/blue type?) and nVidia's solution. Does the battery free glasses version used in LG screens and the like also properly compatible?

Definitely, we support Side-by-Side and Top-and-Bottom mode and I've read the manual on the LG screens, those modes are supported. Since most polarized screens are horizontally interlaced I recommend the Top-and-Bottom mode so you get the highest possible resolution on those screens.

Some of the LG screens even support Quad-Buffering which is a full resolution mode we'll add later, but I don't think polarized screens will benefit much from the additional resolution.