Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin Progress Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nah, don't sweat it.

I be back next month, eagerly waiting for the next report Smile.
Thank you for the update, regardless! Hope the break gave you all a little more headspace, and thanks a million to every (yet unbeknownst to me) contributor this and every month, as always! Woo!
I guess it must actually be kinda hard to find something left to do in this matured emulator ^_^
My heart is broken and I am inconsolable over this betrayal. /s

See ya next month!
Thanks for the update.
Take your time, make them at your own pace. ^v^
[Image: progressreportheader-Sept2018mini.png]

https://dolphin-emu.org/blog/2018/11/01/...-oct-2018/

The September and October Dolphin Progress Report is live! Feel free to discuss this month's update below.
Hurray for progress reports! Thanks for the hard work!

Seeing as how I usually avoid the Android forums, I didn’t know there was an issue with savestates and the auto-updater until this article, so I had a question when reading the article. Does the auto-updater work through the Android App Store, or is it something built into the app like the desktop version? Because if it’s the latter, wouldn’t it make more sense to have a pop-up saying there’s a new version but updating breaks all your savestates (and giving the option to defer update until they make an in game save), rather than making savestates disabled by default?
I thought I remembered reading that the android updates are through the play store, but it took me a little while to find it. It's dang near the last sentence of the State of Android post from a couple months back (linked from "auto-update support" in the second paragraph of new report). Anyway, I guess there's no good way to control/notify about updates through the play store? I know the store won't auto-update apps when they require new permissions, but that would be such an awful way to control updates...
Yeah, there's no way for us to add a warning to Play Store updates or anything along those lines.
I finally did something that made it into a progress report!! Woo!! Hopefully I can get one more thing done by next month.

Unfortunately this name was already taken on github iirc, so I had to call myself TryTwo. I prefer this name, since I communicate with this, but it's not a big deal.