Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Because those actually aren't each game's own logic, they're features of the console's GPU. They tell the console hardware to use a particular set of fog settings and a projection matrix, and Dolphin's able to just ignore those settings and do its own thing
(01-12-2021, 12:45 AM)RealReloadCoded Wrote: [ -> ]Every GameCube game uses their own fog rendering and camera logic, yet two options can control both of those in every game. Why are can those two things get global toggles but not culling?

The game sends fog parameters and camera matrices to the GPU, and Dolphin is able to change what happens on the GPU's side - perhaps we use these parameters unchanged, or perhaps we change them. Culling, however, is performed on the CPU so that no unnecessary objects get sent to the GPU. The problem is that we in this case need that data which the game thought was unnecessary, but we cannot get it without changing the CPU-side logic. Unlike the GPU, the CPU is fully programmable, so the logic must be altered on a game-by-game basis.
Android: option for toggling "Hacks/Skip EFB Access from CPU" OFF when pressing a button or touching the screen.

Why: Super Mario Galaxy: turning ON "Skip EFB Access from CPU" to play the game, and disabling it only when really necessary (collecting stars and shooting them).

How: editing game.ini and setting "EFBAccessEnable = False"; setting "Overlay Controls/Motion Controls" to "Don't Use Device Sensors", then setting screen touch and B button to toggle "EFBAccessEnable = On" when used.
Would emulated usb devices be possible? I'm mainly interested in an emulated Skylanders portal, I have seen it work on RPCS3 but it doesn't run as well on my machine as Dolphin does. I tried implementing myself, but I'm not an expert in C++ and the RPCS3 code doesn't map across. Thanks team!

sirclownsalot

How's that Little Picture Interface Project doing? Having that in the emulator would be super convenient! Thank you!
As far as I know: Works motion plus only in a old build with MotionPlus support but, they aren't usable for the user. It does support it but, it's just not easy for the user. To make it more user-friendly: The recent update of Dolphin making motion+ TASing possible and there are a lot of more configureable controls to using as for normal emulated wii remote and for TASing
emulated wii remote TAS input. The problem is: They just don't work, TAS input doesn't support it and the supported 3 degrees of movement seems to do nothing for me. So I mapped them to normal controls for gamepad or keyboard but, they are so inconsistent. Can we get the possible update for Dolphin that makes more possible then only this? Because, with the current tools is not to do working
It would be nice if we could change the game cover manually in dolphin. I'm only saying this because I'm playing Fire Emblem Randomizer, and there is no way to distinguish between the normal ROM and the randomized one.
(02-09-2021, 09:39 AM)RagingFire Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice if we could change the game cover manually in dolphin. I'm only saying this because I'm playing Fire Emblem Randomizer, and there is no way to distinguish between the normal ROM and the randomized one.

You can do that already: Dolphin Emulator - Dolphin Progress Report: July 2018 (dolphin-emu.org)

Mervius

Now that SteamVR supports OpenXR, is there any word on the possibility of a VR implementation in a non license breaking manner?
(02-25-2021, 05:16 PM)Mervius Wrote: [ -> ]Now that SteamVR supports OpenXR, is there any word on the possibility of a VR implementation in a non license breaking manner?

Work has been started, there was a thread here: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-wh...e-released