Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New option under "Tools": "Compile shaders for all games in gamelist"

Depending on your gfx backend of choice, every time Dolphin or the gfx driver gets updated, the first time a game is launched it requires a lengthy compilation process if your accumulated cache for that game is large and you have selected to pre-complile shaders at startup.

It would be really cool if Dolphin provided the option of doing this all at once with a command.  This would take some time on a long game list, but you could launch this process when not playing games or using the computer for anything better.  The cache shaders would then be ready for you when you want to play a game.
(12-10-2023, 07:00 AM)djneo Wrote: [ -> ]That are fantastic news, thank you! Cant wait for the materials/dynamic lightning possibilities.

You are very welcome. Can't wait to see what you can do with the features that are being developed!
Hello. I'm new to the forum. I am a big fan of the Dolphin Emulator. However, I'm only on Android. Will there perhaps be a way to assign quick save and quick load to buttons in the future? E.g. the buttons on the back of the Ayn Odin. That would be great. Thank you for all your work.
Here's a simple one: some sort of visual indication (perhaps on the Config --▶ Audio tab?) whether you're using the provided open source DSP files or you're using the official Nintendo DSP files.

And, heck, maybe even an option to toggle between the two? (assuming you aren't using the portable version of Dolphin and haven't just directly replaced the provided open source DSP files)

EDIT: Is it just me or are there no hotkey settings for changing GameCube controller profiles, only Wii controller profiles? That seems like a strange discrepancy...

EDIT 2: Another simple one: adding "emulation speed" to the per-game config editor presets. It already works if you manually add the likes of the following, but it'd still be nice to have an easier-to-access option for it (it could even just always default to a listing of a 1.0 emulation speed with the expectation of having the user manually edit the value):
Code:
[Core]
EmulationSpeed = 1.00000000
(12-14-2023, 10:47 AM)Nintendo Maniac 64 Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Is it just me or are there no hotkey settings for changing GameCube controller profiles, only Wii controller profiles? That seems like a strange discrepancy...

Hmm, I could swear someone added it? Way back when, I added Wii only, partially due to my own interests but also because I felt the GC controller seemed standard enough so the feature was less useful there. Not that it can't or shouldn't be done. Maybe someone will add it some day.
On the subject of hotkey profile switching, I just noticed that the hotkey settings themselves have profiles separate from the GameCube and Wii controller profiles. I wonder if an easier solution to this would be to simply have a given custom profile contain your settings for the hotkeys, GameCube, and Wii controllers, rather than having separated profiles for each one?

My main interest is that this would let me use the "profile switch" hotkey to actually change hotkey profiles as well as controller profiles in order to turn Bust-A-Move's single player mode(s) into effectively a back-and-forth co-op mode (this is also why I wanted controller profiles for GameCube controllers, unless we can somehow run Devolution or Nintendont in Dolphin so as to use Wii remotes).

...I mean, I suppose you could always go the route of having three separate "hotkey for switching profiles" sections: one for hotkey profiles, one for gamecube controller profiles, and one for wii controller profiles, but my concern then was that you wouldn't be able to switch hotkey profiles and controller profiles at the exact same time with a single button press.

EDIT: ...and now that I think of it, this is probably the sort of thing that would also be ideal to be a sort of "per-game configuration" since it would seem that there actually isn't per-game configuration options for controls of all things?

So yeah, having per game profile options would then automatically allow for having per-game controls and is something that would make a lot of sense (I mean, per-game controls is something that N64 emulators had literally 15 years ago, and N64 emulation was notorious for its lack of progress to the point that running N64 VC games in Dolphin was able to give a better experience). My only request is that it wouldn't be locked to a single profile per game and you'd be able to have multiple profiles per game.

EDIT 2: Looks like one can manually edit some game ini configurations to make per-game control configurations, and it even mentions not just Wii but also GameCube controller profiles!... though nothing about hotkey profiles:
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game

(12-14-2023, 03:06 PM)iwubcode Wrote: [ -> ]I felt the GC controller seemed standard enough so the feature was less useful there.

An easy refute to that is how some games expect you to press A and Y at the same time, but other games expect you to press A and X at the same time, yet other games expect you to press A and B at the same time.

Being able to do all three of these is not possible on many modern controllers that use a more "PlayStation"-like 45-degree rotated square rather than the "SNES"-like diamond.
Apologies for double-posting but I would like to second this:

(10-26-2022, 08:43 AM)barat Wrote: [ -> ]The ability to stop emulation when we're exiting to Wii Menu would be nice Smile

I would however like to add a few improvements, that being having one of three choices as to what happens when exiting to the Wii Menu:

1. The equivalent of pressing "Stop" in Dolphin

2. The equivalent of exiting Dolphin

3. Actually returning to the Wii Menu, albeit with a warning like it used to have like a decade ago whereby, if you don't have the system menu installed, it will say that this is the case and give you two buttons: "Stop emulation" or "Exit Dolphin" (it would be neat if these were in-emulation options that you could select with your actual emulated wii or emulated gamecube controller, but even just a normal Qt dialog window would be way better than the current black screen that you get if you don't have the system menu installed)
*sigh* it never stops, does it?

Now I've found out that apparently, while you can remap the controls for a real Wii remote, you can't remap the controls for a real GameCube controller.

So yeah, uh, how about the ability to do that as well? Again, that seems like a peculiar discrepancy...
If you have a third party adapter with the mode switch and you put it into PC mode you can remap it as a standard controller.

If you're using the official Gamecube controller, I believe it gets passed to the emulated GC/Wii at a low level, so there really isn't a way to remap it. You'd have to undo the special driver per your OS and use a different driver to make it show up as a standard controller each time you want to switch between native GC mode and "PC" mode
(12-22-2023, 03:45 AM)KHg8m3r Wrote: [ -> ]If you're using the official Gamecube controller, I believe it gets passed to the emulated GC/Wii at a low level, so there really isn't a way to remap it. You'd have to undo the special driver per your OS and use a different driver to make it show up as a standard controller each time you want to switch between native GC mode and "PC" mode
Then how is it possible that we're able to remap even when using bluetooth passthrough with a real Wii remote? Doesn't it basically follow the same logic here as passing through to the emulated Wii at a low level?