Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-19-2017, 09:41 AM)IlyaPlatonov Wrote: [ -> ]Please add new stereoscopic 3D mode – for separations sequential in time (L-R-L-R etc).
I sure that it won't be time-consuming.
I need it very badly for my cheap 3D VR headgear.

I'm on macos x and this is the only option to use my page-flipping-3d-stereo Saibex headgear with Dolphin.
It seems to me that this feature will be very simple to implement.
Custom models and sounds, still my biggest wishes Smile
Not possible, every game handles assets differently.
(07-19-2017, 04:45 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]No. Non-integer IR scales are problematic and might even be about to get removed entirely.

Hmm, that's bad Sad

*Starts to save money seriously*
Would it be possible to get a way to load savestates from the command line? I found a thread back from 2015 where Helios said he was gonna implement it but it looks like it never happened.

Thread in question: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-co...state-file
I dropped that idea because at the time there was a bug in the boot process that caused core to hang if you loaded the savestate too early, it's since been fixed, but I haven't has much motivation to revisit the idea.

earthor1

Centralized system within dolphin for texture packs, its annoying to go through the forum searching for different packs and then only have a pack with most of the files done. At least with a centralized system, it can be easier to install texture packs and have them update if the creator releases more for the pack.

EDIT: RagingFire put it in a much better way:

"I'm not sure how feasible this is, but I think it would be cool if dolphin integrated better with HD texture packs. Meaning when I add a pack to dolphin, it can link to the forum post for that texture pack, and I can know when there is an update. If this was done, all the current texture packs would have to be updated of course to point to their own forum post."
Is it possible to add post processing shaders to 3d11 that are similar to the ones on opengl?
Also, is it possible to have dolphin check for updates automatically when running the program, instead of checking the site a few times a day?
(09-06-2017, 04:25 AM)MonadoBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to add post processing shaders to 3d11 that are similar to the ones on opengl?

Yes. Stenzek expressed interest in doing this but he wanted to revamp the post processing system in general to make it much more robust first. Not sure what came of that. Don't follow graphics stuff much.

Quote:Also, is it possible to have dolphin check for updates automatically when running the program, instead of checking the site a few times a day?

It is possible, and could definitely be implemented, especially now that shader compilation issues are solved. There are still some logistical bandwidth things to think about which delroth would have more authority to speak on.

EDIT: copying delroth's response on the logged issue we have for this

delroth Wrote:No. The issue is writing the actual update feature client side. It's far from trivial. Checking for updates and downloading an update package is trivial, applying the update is tricky.

We'd also likely want to move to a 3 phase system: dev (getting updates for each new dev build), testing (once a month, synced with progress report) and stable (no auto update, notification if a new version has been released).

t27duck

With the recent improvements to ISO support, the ability to more accurately run the system menu, the ability to use and install items from the Shop Channel, and the improved SD card support, is it possible to expand the "Install WAD" option to allow us to install directly to the SD card instead of the NAND?