Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No drivers on Android can handle bounding box for some reason.
(12-03-2018, 09:42 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]No drivers on Android can handle bounding box for some reason.

Not even the Nvidia Shield TV?

But yeah, you can't play this game on any phone.
Just switch to the software renderer then for the relevant parts? Sure it will be slow and might rendering in frames-per-minute, but you could still beat the game. Eventually, maybe.
(12-04-2018, 12:55 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Just switch to the software renderer then for the relevant parts? Sure it will be slow and might rendering in frames-per-minute, but you could still beat the game. Eventually, maybe.

I think that's broken too, actually.
Wow...

Okay, ultimate solution: Stream Dolphin running on a desktop to your Android phone. Just for this game. /S
Just to clarify, I mean that the software renderer is broken in general on Android, not that it's broken for Paper Mario specifically.
Yeah, I remember seeing a bug report now. It was after 5.0 though right? Technically, one could revert to a previous revision to play TTYD if necessary. Unless of course, SW renderer was broken even further back.
(12-04-2018, 01:14 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I remember seeing a bug report now. It was after 5.0 though right? Technically, one could revert to a previous revision to play TTYD if necessary. Unless of course, SW renderer was broken even further back.

I suppose so, but versions that old lack a JIT bug fix that avoids a crash on game boot on newer versions of Android.
So, I think I finally figured it out then:

1) Use older Android version of Dolphin...

2) Use software renderer...

3) Switch JIT to Interpreter...

4) Wait 5 years to finish game!
Here's an idea:
How about a feature, maybe as part of the updater, to have dolphin compile the user's accumulated GUID shader cache for each game in their library after an update. This could be made optional, and in fact, could allow the user to pick which games to update or all of them.

This way, when you update dolphin, you set this off when you are not playing it and have it churn through all the cache generation process. Then, when it's time to play, you don't have to wait for shader compilation, nor do you get the stuttering associated with first time compilation.

It's a little out there but I'm throwing it in, in case any of the devs see a value in it.