Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-12-2016, 03:57 AM)Smashbro29 Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of controllers I wouldn't mind hotplugging for Dinput/Xinput devices. Recently got spoiled by this project: https://github.com/dantarion/SF5DInput

In case someone is looking into implementing this: Dolphin's InputCommon supports hotplugging since July, so it should be easier to do this now, and all other major platforms already have hotplug support (Android, Linux, macOS). Only Windows is left out.

ItalianGamer97

Here's a feature suggestion: allowing the use of physical SD cards or other removable drives as an alternative to the virtual SD card. I think such a functionality would be helpful for the less tech-savvy, and would be super-easy for those who already have a SD they use for their actual Wii/Wii U, as that would help in all sorts of ways, such as with homebrew use and whatnot.

I'd see the setting to configure this being under "Config>Wii>Physical drive as SD card" or something similar, and there would be a check box enabling/disabling the feature, and a drop-down menu with all the drives currently available to the system. Now Dolphin might need to be able to format the SD/removable drive to FAT32, the format that the Wii likes its SD cards in. But if the functionality can be implemented in a way that doesn't care about the drive's specific format, maybe not. Then again, formatting shouldn't be a problem with those who have an SD card usable with the Wii anyways. Or if it's not feasible for Dolphin itself to format the SD, then maybe just give a warning about the formatting, telling the user to format it to FAT32 themselves.

I'm questioning why it wasn't implemented earlier. Then again, I don't know how hard adding such functionality would be, anyways.
It's DEFINITELY not as easy as you're thinking...
(04-06-2017, 06:22 PM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]It's DEFINITELY not as easy as you're thinking...

Yes, it is not easy but you can emulate a SD card and copy to then if you want.
 Also i i've created an empty virtual SD Card using "Virtual SD card Maker" with 2GB, but when i try to read on dolphin, the entire emulator crash.
More specific: GO to Wii system menu (4.3U) --> Wii --> Data Management --> Wii
You will see all your games are properly saved on wii nand,then go to "SD Card option" and back to wii. All games tha was saved will not appear but still saved. Go back 2 screens. Go to data management again and then dolphin crashes.
Can you help me? If you want any more details, just ask.
Something is wrong in your setup. I created a fresh 2GB virtual SD Card using mksdcard tool from Android SDK and Dolphin recognized it just fine. I could move save data/channels to/from the virtual SD card without any issues. And just to be sure, you should be using a recent development build, 5.0 stable won't play nice with the virtual SD Card, no matter the size of it...
(04-07-2017, 06:58 AM)Jhonn Wrote: [ -> ]Something is wrong in your setup. I created a fresh 2GB virtual SD Card using mksdcard tool from Android SDK and Dolphin recognized it just fine. I could move save data/channels to/from the virtual SD card without any issues. And just to be sure, you should be using a recent development build, 5.0 stable won't play nice with the virtual SD Card, no matter the size of it...

I've tried on latest master branch (5.0-3255) and the error still persist.
I have a pic with the error mensage
For a new feature i would like a hack that allows anisotropic filtering to work correctly in sonic heroes.
(04-08-2017, 01:53 PM)likeike12 Wrote: [ -> ]For a new feature i would like a hack that...

Pls no. 
matheusstaffa, please remember that this is not a support thread! Create a new thread in support regarding this, or I can fork your support topics into a new thread.
(04-08-2017, 03:49 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]matheusstaffa, please remember that this is not a support thread! Create a new thread in support regarding this, or I can fork your support topics into a new thread.

That's OK. actually i actually created in january but got no responses. I've updated the posts with additional info thought.
Thanks anyway.