Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are you using 4.0.2 or 5.0?

Edit: never mind. LLE was forced on in 5.0 to protect your ears. Tongue
(06-28-2016, 06:31 AM)BlizzardToaBreeze Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to make a feature request: HLE sound for the Rogue Squadron games. They've come a long way over the years, and it'd be great for more people to experience them, since this would lower the CPU requirements by a tad.

That HLE doesn't work properly in the Rogue Squadron games is a bug, not a missing feature.
(06-28-2016, 07:10 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That HLE doesn't work properly in the Rogue Squadron games is a bug, not a missing feature.

Gotcha, by my (outdated) understanding, there was different microcode for RS that hadn't been tackled. Was it tackled recently?
(06-28-2016, 07:13 AM)BlizzardToaBreeze Wrote: [ -> ]Gotcha, by my (outdated) understanding, there was different microcode for RS that hadn't been tackled. Was it tackled recently?

No, it's the same microcode as for many games that work fine. There hasn't been any progress on fixing the problem recently.
Oh okay. Well, my feature request is for a bug fix then. Smile
Any update regarding the possibility to map "Load custom textures" function to a shortcut?

Thanks
I would love to see better Android support.

* Increased optimization

* Inclusion of the C-Stick and D-pad for the onscreen controls

* Vulkan Support (Android now has Vulkan support, but i'm not entirely sure if it would be possible to implement on Android Dolphin.)
Alright, I'll say it.

Uncompressed video dumping. This needs to happen. I understand why the changes to video dumping were done, but it's incredibly inconvenient to have to compress each frame while dumping. It makes dumping video take an exorbitant amount of time. Also, chances are if I'm dumping a video, it's going to need some editing/compression before I upload it somewhere, so there's no sense in compressing it twice.
Well, there's already a lossless codec option (enable FFV1 in Video Settings => Advanced), and I'm failing to see any benefit a lossless and uncompressed option would provide other than terribly huge files when compared with the FFV1 encoded option...
It would be much faster, that's the benefit. What I'm complaining about is the fact that compressing at the same time as dumping takes a lot more work than just dumping. You could get rid of the lossless option altogether, I don't really care as long as I have uncompressed. Also, yes, the files are huge, but digital space gets cheaper every day, so it's not really an issue.