Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
BizHawk is excellent for N64 emulation.
I want a way to enable widescreen through the game config on GC games. Some games I play with on Dolphin have widescreen hacks that aren't detected correctly with the Auto function, so I have to use "Force 16:9" for those games. Having one less thing to configure in the graphics settings would be great.
(11-09-2016, 07:41 AM)Probwontusethisaccountagain Wrote: [ -> ]I want a way to enable widescreen through the game config on GC games. Some games I play with on Dolphin have widescreen hacks that aren't detected correctly with the Auto function, so I have to use "Force 16:9" for those games. Having one less thing to configure in the graphics settings would be great.

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-un...s-per-game
I would like to request a feature that we can use 2 x steering wheels for player 1 and 2 and also have this work over netplay

I just plugged in 2 wheels into my pc before and only Player 2 could have steering wheel support (with full force feedback) while player 1 had to be setup as standard controller (no proper force feedback)

as for netplay it won't work at all if either player selects steering wheel as their controller. Only works if both select standard controller
Enhancement of control settings would be another feature request:
In Donkey Kong Barrel Blast, the wiimote upwards shake is not recognized.
So I think some wii mote movements are missing, like upwards pitch.
I dunno the status about wiimotion plus. But the feature would allow users to simulate wiimotion plus via a standard joypad.

Also concerning the control settings:
A combination of mouse and joypad input would be beneficial.
The implementation of IR relative coordinates has a lot of potential.

AntiMicros acceleration algorithms for mouse simulation are incredible as well.
https://github.com/AntiMicro/antimicro/w...e-Settings

Dolphin cannot and mostly likely will not provide the functionality of AntiMicro.
Binding the IR to a mouse and the mouse via AntiMicro to a joystick, would combine the strengths of both applications.

Whacka

Even though the new fonts are much better I think Dolphin should support using the Japanese IPL/BIOS fonts rather than the free ones.
Should be a simple change, check for the JPN ipl.bin, and fetch the fonts from the correct offset (0x1AFF00->end) instead of the font.bin.
I've been grabbing the font from it manually, but it gets overwritten when I copy a new build over.

If it's a simple enough, the custom texture loading could be improved a bit too.
It prefetching keeps loading even if you don't have enough RAM, which crashes the whole system if you leave it on for more demanding packs.
I just upgraded to a new card with a 8GB of VRAM, but my system RAM is still only 8GB too.
It seems like Dolphin only uses system RAM to fetch textures so it would be nice if it supported VRAM so I could play WW without skips.
Dolphin already load the fonts from the IPL dump if you have one. Just make sure you put it in User\GC\<region>\ipl.bin and everything else is done automagically.
Breakpoint on Register Read/Write.
Maybe the program could have a portable version like CEMU for WiiU? Someone must have already raised this, but it's hard for me to look it up. thx
If by portable you mean Dolphin being constrained inside its install folder, you just need to create an empty file named portable.txt in the same folder where the main executable (Dolphin.exe) is located.