Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-11-2019, 07:17 PM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]Just something I thought about recently about AR Coding.

It would be a great feature if a single AR Code entry could exist in multiple variations. Project64 does this.

Normally you would add two different codes for having two different variations of the same code.

$Variation 1
02B387BA 00002C40

$Variation 2
02B387BA 00002C80

So why not combine both codes variations into a single code?

$Code
02B387BA 0000????

Then when the user double clicks that code or something, the ???? values can be assigned with pre-determined values assigned by the coder, such as 2C40 or 2C80.

That should help users not getting overwhelmed by a huge amount of separate codes.

I've been wanting this for years

BraveSirRobin

I'm playing on Android and would love it if controller profiles were a thing. I alternate between 3 different controllers, so I either have to remap everything when i switch, or manually play around with the config files. Either way, it's inconvenient.
Support for interlaced mode for the all the games that use it (looking at you Budokai games).

Norfair

I would like to have hotkey support for "Select Next State Slot" and "Select Previous State Slot" ("Select State Slot 1-10" already exist).

This would make it possible to handle save states with four hotkeys ("Save to Selected Slot" and "Load from Selected Slot" already exist).
Would be very useful when using a gamepad.
Automatically load "GameCube Adapter for Wii U" as default port 1 - 4 controllers when device is plugged in via USB. Use my default settings for controllers when no device is detected.
Patching/mod support is high up on the list (so I don't need to replace my ripped ISO). But also something similar to the translation feature Retroarch just introduced (though adding the option for users to prepare replacement files instead of automatic machine translation).
Not sure if an rtx filter could be implemented much like reshade, but i really think it could breathe life into these older games.
(10-28-2019, 06:25 AM)Giodude Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if an rtx filter could be implemented much like reshade, but i really think it could breathe life into these older games.

Raytracing support is much more complicated than adding a filter. It's not possible to implement it in Dolphin.
Well, not possible in a way that would actually do much or be worth using.

AkiraJkr

I wanted to make a suggestion on how texture packs work, since I'm a former texture pack creator from PPSSPP, and upon giving a small try with texture packs here on Dolphin, I've came across a issue that could make texture pack creation slower depending on the game/experience of the creator:

But firstly, if you wanna take a look at how texture replacement works on PPSSPP: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp/wiki/...ini-syntax

If you're looking for a specific file after having many on your texture pack, you'll have a hard time.

And I know about the ability to create folders to separate categories of textures, but what if there are multiple "versions" of a texture, similar to each other, that you can't just stare at the image to figure out the difference? You create a folder. But then comes the issue of creating way too many folders, making it all look like a bloated mess. Which is why I wish I could rename the files for each texture however I want. As an example of what I mean:

Currently, I have to do this to separate teams from the Scout menu:
[Image: zmGsvxu.png]

When I could simply do this in PPSSPP:
[Image: jG8u362.png]

It was possible due to having a .ini which would let me what textures I would replace, and pointing to what image would replace it. And the name of the image wouldn't matter, as long as it was pointing to it. And it's not an issue to do this process, since I can easily mass gather the names of the textures.

But since Dolphin does not work like PPSSPP, I have a suggestion on how this could be handled:

Texture file names instead of hashes. That's it. Yet keep the layout of replacing the textures in the .ini the same. So, as an example of what it could look like on the end result if this suggestion gets added:

tex1_256x320_1793373997f9a1ba_14df1f4220e497e6_9.png = story mode/menus/scout players/raimon/raimon 1st.png
tex1_256x320_826d30784a43ad65_fd92a76899ac837e_9.png = story mode/menus/scout players/raimon/raimon go.png

Even if it's an entirely optional feature, that would need a textures.ini to be created on the Load folder, I'd still heavily appreciate it.

And ah, considering this emulator has the Resource Packs feature, a good way to handle that with multiple Resource Packs would be to instead of using just textures.ini, to make it like textures_1.ini, textures_2.ini, etc.