Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-09-2018, 03:21 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]That gets messy and doesn't actually solve the problem of one of the reasons why Wii games desync. Any inconsistencies between netplay users in NAND can potentially cause a desync.

But we're already creating a temporary blank NAND and copying just the game's save file to it... We would just need to extend that so that the save file gets sent to other player too.
Right, I forgot that we did that.
Feature suggestion: add a button to launch the Dolphin update prompt.

Currently, you have to change your settings to daily updates and then restart dolphin to force the update window to appear. It would be nice to force the updates when desired without having to subscribe to daily updates and have the update window show up every time dolphin is launched.
(05-09-2018, 03:45 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Right, I forgot that we did that.

Yeah, this is probably why Netplay desyncs aren't common for me. So, instead of copying saves over manually and making sure I've got the right files in, all Dolphin would need to do is have a folder to temporarily store the host's save, and then delete it when the session ends.
Proper emulation of DOF would be nice.
(05-15-2018, 04:14 AM)djneo Wrote: [ -> ]Proper emulation of DOF would be nice.

Dolphin correctly emulates it the way it's designed in the emulated games, and that design doesn't really work when you increase the internal resolution. There's not much that can be done about it.
(05-15-2018, 04:26 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin correctly emulates it the way it's designed in the emulated games, and that design doesn't really work when you increase the internal resolution. There's not much that can be done about it.

oh, that's unfortunate. Thanks for the explanation tho Smile
Well, it can potentially be fixed with action replay or gecko codes, so if this is for the hockey game you're modding, you might be able to do something about it yourself.
(05-15-2018, 06:04 AM)AnyOldName3 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it can potentially be fixed with action replay or gecko codes, so if this is for the hockey game you're modding, you might be able to do something about it yourself.

Yes, I'll put it on the list and try to ask @onemoretry little later, because he's now very busy with gameplay fixes, so I won't to interrupt him.

It does look pretty ugly on bigger screen, that's for sure, so it's good to hear it's potentially fixable Smile
(05-15-2018, 04:26 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2018, 04:14 AM)djneo Wrote: [ -> ]Proper emulation of DOF would be nice.
Dolphin correctly emulates it the way it's designed in the emulated games, and that design doesn't really work when you increase the internal resolution. There's not much that can be done about it.

Some have been working on Gecko codes to adjust DoF parameters to be more appropriate for higher IRs. I believe there is a preliminary fix for Xenoblade Chronicles, perhaps a few other titles.