Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-19-2018, 12:19 PM)MayImilae Wrote: [ -> ]What? Why? Just... do the rotation? Even if on a keyboard and mouse it isn't that hard!

i know that it isnt that hard but it could break up an analog stick
(02-19-2018, 05:33 PM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]i know that it isnt that hard but it could break up an analog stick

Bwahahahaha... I have done 1000's of full rotations on both of my analog sticks with multiple controllers (PS1 DS, PS2 DS2, PS3 DS3, Xbox360, Xbox One, Joycons, Wii U pad, Wii U pro pad, some old PC joypad with a gameport connection that is over 18 years old and it still works flawlessly to this day) and have NEVER broken an analog stick or a controller in general (at least not by playing with them, I did break some on purpose to mess with the internals) and I am not even very careful with them either because I throw controllers around (mainly onto couches and the likes) like they cost nothing and like they are indestructible.

The only analog controller that I know of that is VERY prone to breaking is the one on the N64 controller.
Most people are aware of Wiimmfi9 servers for playing games online. There is another way to play online here (open source so anyone can make a server): https://github.com/polaris-/dwc_network_server_emulator

The difference is this requires changing your DNS server. Right now Dolphin uses the same DNS servers as your PC. Would it be possible to set a DNS just for Dolphin? Changing the settings in the Wii Menu doesn't work.
Ohh yeah, that would be awesome if Dolphin could organize and host a server built-in into Dolphin. Perhaps there is a way to avoid modifying a game disc to replace the online server.
(02-27-2018, 07:25 PM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh yeah, that would be awesome if Dolphin could organize and host a server built-in into Dolphin. Perhaps there is a way to avoid modifying a game disc to replace the online server.

There is:

This gecko code should work for most games:
Please, add page-flipping 3D mode. There's a lot of people will thank you!

Jonney5

I would love for Dolphin to support Mame's CHD format for the disk images. Is that even possible though?
Is there a particular reason you want CHD support instead of using GCZ?

Jonney5

(03-03-2018, 04:42 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a particular reason you want CHD support instead of using GCZ?

Mostly to have CHD support for Wii ISOs. I don't think those can be compressed with GCZ right?
(03-03-2018, 05:51 AM)Jonney5 Wrote: [ -> ]Mostly to have CHD support for Wii ISOs. I don't think those can be compressed with GCZ right?

Those can be compressed with GCZ. However, the compression ratio will be really bad unless you scrub the disc (Dolphin will do it for you if you use it to convert to GCZ), but CHD has the exact same problem. Only formats specifically designed for Wii discs, such as WIA, can get around that.