Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[color=#000080]Meh, I'll stick with the good ol' Gamecube start-up animation. I don't think that much people want any start-up animation anyway...[/color]
D'ya think we could maybe see a fancier game selection menu? For example something like WiiFlow or whatever. Perhaps it can download details of games from an Internet database and display them with the games you have, and also support using the bound controller to navigate the menus?

Or maybe just a "big picture" mode, for controllers, that we could enable as just a front-end for Dolphin when using a controller.
how about imitating the main menu of ppsspp?? they show the thumbnail, play music from the game and the background changes.. its just a beautification of the emulator
(02-06-2018, 08:35 PM)chumpz Wrote: [ -> ]display/animate dolphin logo before playing a game.. PS1 style

Please no, I just want to boot my game. The less menus the better. But, you could enable the GameCube Bios if you really want to.

Also, why the suddent interest in a fancier menus? It is more than functional. Fancy menu's don't do much, you still need to cope with the menu's of the game itself. What I would like to see instead is to have the Qt interface perfected. Being able to directly add Gecko Codes through the Qt interface is a boon, which leaves me to wonder why it was never done before for the Wx interface. Being able to avoid writing into the gameini and do it through the Qt interface itself instead would be amazing!
Something that takes a few minutes in Qt can take hours with WxWidgets. It's easier to make changes to the Qt version, so things that aren't worth the effort in the old UI may well be with the Qt one.

Things like having controller support in the UI have also been discussed, and will more than likely end up in the Qt one once it's ready to completely replace the Wx one.
check out ppsspp latest features

revision v1.5.4-521-gb9b41f52c

- Add a simple spinner to the game load screen to not look frozen. this is cool

well this is a good idea for dolphin so that new user will not get confuse if the game is loading or it is frozen..
(02-07-2018, 12:04 AM)Admentus Wrote: [ -> ]Being able to avoid writing into the gameini and do it through the Qt interface itself instead would be amazing!

You'll just have to wait a little longer Tongue
map full analog rotation clockwise and counter clockwise
What? Why? Just... do the rotation? Even if on a keyboard and mouse it isn't that hard!
if you can't, just make an autohotkey script that macros the directional buttons