Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That sounds reasonable to me.
Please, add page flipping 3D stereo mode. It is one of the basic 3D stereo modes that is not implemented yet.
I hope it shouldn't be very time consuming.
A Dynamic Resolution option that utilizes the internal resolution setting in dolphin. It should dynamically scale based on frame rate. This can also be counted as a quality improvement/ performance improvement. If this is possible I think it would be a very cool addition. If not, no big deal.

I recommend this as a suggestion because the program could figure out your best IR for you without you having to test which one you can handle in each and every game.

Please consider.

Thanks!
Not particularly useful as most times the bottleneck is not the GPU. You can turn down the IR all you want, but Dolphin won't go any faster.

on top of that, since it's not trivial to figure out current GPU load in a vendor neutral way, it's not easy to figure out "oh hey, this is a scenario where we're able to go higher IR".

Third, you're still going to get awkward stuttering as Dolphin figures out that IR needs to be scaled back.

Finally, the one group of people it would help, intel iGPU users, it's not terribly helpful as most of the time they're stuck at 1-2x anyways.
You can set hotkeys for increasing/decreasing the IR, so you can still achieve the same effect manually.
(10-31-2017, 03:49 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Not particularly useful as most times the bottleneck is not the GPU. You can turn down the IR all you want, but Dolphin won't go any faster.

on top of that, since it's not trivial to figure out current GPU load in a vendor neutral way, it's not easy to figure out "oh hey, this is a scenario where we're able to go higher IR".

Third, you're still going to get awkward stuttering as Dolphin figures out that IR needs to be scaled back.

Finally, the one group of people it would help, intel iGPU users, it's not terribly helpful as most of the time they're stuck at 1-2x anyways.

Was worth a shot, but hey at least one of you replied Big Grin
How about making two profles?/settings, one for GC one for wii whet it comes to GPU settings? GC games are lighter and it would be nice to have different gpu option to get more enhanced picture, without need to toggling setiings when switching between games wii>>GC>>wii
(12-27-2017, 05:28 PM)sirdaniel Wrote: [ -> ]How about making two profles?/settings, one for GC one for wii whet it comes to GPU settings? GC games are lighter and it would be nice to have different gpu option to get more enhanced picture, without need to toggling setiings when switching between games wii>>GC>>wii

There is more variance between games for one console than there is between the two consoles on average, so having one profile for each console doesn't make much sense.
how about an automatic update of the new dev build on the emulator instead of going on the github page.. is it possible???
It's definitely possible. But requires a lot of infrastructure work.