Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Microphone support for Android please. Angel
(03-06-2021, 06:30 AM)crissequeira89 Wrote: [ -> ]I apologize in case someone already suggested this or there is already a way to do it, but I couldn’t figure it out from the official download page:

Is there a way one could get automatic notifications of new beta/development releases? I wouldn’t mind getting notifications every few hours. I really just want to be on top of it without having to make it a habit to open up the website every day. lol

If there isn’t, that’s my suggestion. Hope this is the right place to make it.

Dolphin updates itself with each startup, and you'll get a notification with updates since it's last startup through Dolphin.

You can set up notifications from GitHub here...
https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin

Various tools will let you watch for updates to this page...
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
I'm not sure if I've asked this before, but what about Skipdraw for hardware renderers? There's the Async shader compilation option, but no option to manually set a skipdraw value. This does exist with the software renderer, but it would be more useful alongside hardware renderers to deal with rendering bugs until they're fixed. PCSX2 has it, and it's quite useful there.
Hello, I have a feature request for Dolphin: It seems like Dolphin doesn't have this already. Would it be possible to have a TAS input panel for the MotionPlus? So, you have more UI inputs in TAS input were you can play and do a lot of more in the games that MotionPlus requires. I don't know if it is hard to implementing it or I don't know also how long it will takes to do it, but it would be very fine if anyone wants to do that. The current TAS input supports only the accelerometer inputs that contains: x/y/z and it doesn't support MotionPlus into it. My suggestion is: Can we have more inputs into TAS input then only x/y/z and MotionPlus inputs added for the 6 degrees of movement motion input type input value: x/y/z, pitch/roll/yaw? Would be very cool. Then we are in able to TAS all sports in for example: Wii Sports Resort, moving or swinging a sword easier and making easier golf shots in Wii Sports Resort and all the other games that MotionPlus requires
Just a quick question on a highly desired feature of mine: Is netplay for android still being worked on? Thanks!
(03-13-2021, 08:51 AM)noodlesoup Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question on a highly desired feature of mine: Is netplay for android still being worked on? Thanks!

Nobody has started working on it yet. Hopefully at some point it will get done, but I don't know when that would be.
are you guys going to ever get around to fixing TMEM implementation because it broke cutscenes for several games 3 years ago and it feels like almost nobody seems to care about trying to get it to work again, this is the literal only thing thats been keeping me from fully switching to newest dev build. Both Sonic Riders games, Metal Arms, and Tak, possibly more that hasnt been reported have all been like this ever since 5.0-7718

JeffWinger

I've been having fun finding HD resource packs and applying them to games. Here are a few ideas I had that might help make the process go smoother for people:

1. Would you be able to add a feature where creators can upload resource packs into one large repository for Dolphin, instead of needing to scour the internet for packs? The [game pages](https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...o_Kart_Wii) in the Dolphin emulator wiki seem the most logical place for resource packs (since they're game-specific), but it doesn't really matter. Being able to go to one page and see all the resource packs available for each game (along with screenshots/demos) would save a ton of time!

2. Adding on to this, would there be a way for the Dolphin client to see if there are any available custom resource packs for a game and alert the user if one exists (with screenshots/etc) and ask them if they'd like to install it? It would be really useful (especially for large game libraries) and likely would help increase adoption/exposure of pack creators.

Thanks!
It would be great to have a GPU Texture Decoding option in Game INIs. When set, it overrides setting of Arbitrary Mipmap Detection, even if it was set in Game INI, making enabling it globally not a good option.

Alternatively (or perhaps additionally), make Arbitrary Mipmap Detection override GPU Texture Decoding, so that game-specific settings take over global ones.
Would it be possible to have a TAS input panel for the MotionPlus? Type input value: x/y/z, pitch/roll/yaw?