Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Feature Request Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-08-2017, 03:14 PM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]Pls no. 

Why not? someone already made a hack that fixed the antialiasing problem in that game. It also fixed stuff for other games to. -> talking about the vertex rounding <-.
Hacks are very much frowned upon unless they are completely necessary. We would rather someone "fix" whatever anisotropic filtering is doing incorrectly than make a hacky workaround for a single game. And if it turns out that anisotropic filtering is completely incompatible without a hack, you'll either have to come up with one on your own or live with it because at the end of the day, anisotropic filtering was never meant to be used with these games, so behavior is unpredictable.
(04-09-2017, 10:33 AM)likeike12 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not? someone already made a hack that fixed the antialiasing problem in that game. It also fixed stuff for other games to. -> talking about the vertex rounding <-.

First of all, it wasn't an antialiasing fix. The vertex rounding option addresses problems with higher internal resolution in a BUNCH of games, and just so happens to fix antialiasing and a few other problems in some games. It's ok to use a "hack" that addresses problems over a large number of games (assuming it can be applied cleanly), especially for a feature as important as high internal resolution!

But making a hack to get a minor enhancement working in a single game is not something Dolphin does.
The hack got merged because someone put a lot of time into finding a general solution that affects (breaks and/or fixes) many titles. If you wanna dedicate yourself like iwubcode did to fixing the other enhancements, then it's definitely plausible. but, you have to make sure it A: isn't just a fix for one game that breaks everything else, and 2: meets the code quality standards of the emulator.
(04-09-2017, 08:32 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]The hack got merged because someone put a lot of time into finding a general solution that affects (breaks and/or fixes) many titles.  If you wanna dedicate yourself like iwubcode did to fixing the other enhancements, then it's definitely plausible.  but, you have to make sure it A: isn't just a fix for one game that breaks everything else, and 2: meets the code quality standards of the emulator.

Makes sense. However, I don't know how to program in dolphin. -> Even though I can program in C++ <-. 
(04-11-2017, 12:50 AM)likeike12 Wrote: [ -> ]I can program in C++. 

Whoa, same.
The dolphin programming language
(04-12-2017, 09:08 AM)Helios Wrote: [ -> ]The dolphin programming language
This should be a thing. Why aren't we funding this? It could be similar to python, but with a cooler name. This isn't off-topic this is a request. Tongue

In all seriousness, I think a feature to auto-load controller profiles would be cool. It would ideally be based on a priority list and choose only currently attached controllers. I don't know how many people would use it though. I don't know of anyone (besides me) that uses a ton of different controllers for PC.  Blush

CherryChuwi

A way to use Hamachi instead of NetPlay would be lovely, feels like Netplay isnt made for 4 Player Partys. (Made a thread were i list all problems) (https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-bug-crash-reports) Angel
(04-15-2017, 10:07 PM)CherryChuwi Wrote: [ -> ]A way to use Hamachi instead of NetPlay would be lovely, feels like Netplay isnt made for 4 Player Partys. (Made a thread were i list all problems) (https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-bug-crash-reports) Angel
Already exists, you don't need special Hamachi-support becasue it just creates an (local) network. So you can do:
Tools → Start Netplay...
Set "Connection Type" to "Direct Connect"
On the hoster: Select the tab "Host", change the port (optional), select the game, click on [Host].
On the clients: Select the tab "Connect", set "IP Address" to the address of the hoster (eg. their address over Hamachi) and the port to the port the hoster set to and click [Connect].